Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hardrocker89
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the GS5 backing up my text messages automatically or do I have to use a 3rd-party?

I know there are apps like "SMS Backup+" for that, but I'm interested if the kitkat's hangout also backups regular text messages or just hangout chats.

Thanks!

Default Re: Is the GS5 backing up my text messages automatically or do I have to use a 3rd-party?

Samsung backup backs up sms and mms texts

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is the GS5 backing up my text messages automatically or do I have to use a 3rd-party?

sorry for the dumb question but where do i find the samsung backup? and is it a "stand alone" for android or do i have to use a pc ?

thanks again!

Open up your settings and scroll down to User and Back up

Then open up accounts

Click on your Samsung account (it will ask for your password)

Then scroll down to "back up" and tap it

All of mine were already checked. When I got my s5, as soon as I started it up and signed in to samsung it gives you the option to restore sms and mms texts. I didn't restore mms because I knew I had tons and didn't need them or want to wait. Hope this is of some help.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks but for some reason I don't have "messages" in there: http://i.imgur.com/mZQwBcr.png

Also, is there any way to backup my installed applications and "desktop" folders (icon organization) to the cloud (without a pc) ?

I don't have a "backup" option on my screen either... any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App