Galaxy S5 won't charge charging cable is not supported also appears when phone isn't plugged in. What is going on?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 won't charge "charging cable is not supported" also appears when phone isn't plugged in.

Earlier my Galaxy S5 kept giving me a warning that the charging cable was not supported and that charging has been stopped even when the device wasn't plugged in. This annoyed me and I went to plug the phone in to see if it would stop. It didn't. The phone would charge for a few seconds and then the warning would pop up again then it'd charge for a few seconds and stop and so on. By now my battery has been completely drained and I can't get the phone back on because it won't charge, what should I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 won't charge "charging cable is not supported" also appears when phone isn't plugged i

Welcome to Android Central! Check the microUSB port to see if there is any debris in there, or if the pins look damaged. If everything looks normal, then the port or its connection may have failed. Bring it to a repair shop.