S6 Edge not receiving text messages

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am having troubles with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925W8 running Android 5.1.1. Ever since I upgraded to 5.1.1 I have sometimes been unable to receive text messages. This never used to happen with the older version of software I ran when I first got my device, and it is becoming rather annoying. At random times I cannot receive text messages, and I have found the only way to 'spur' my device to receive messages would be to sending one. But this can be rather tedious, because if I haven't received a text in a while I'm not sure if it's my phone acting up again (so I must send a random text to try and download the waiting texts) or I just genuinely have not received a text.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or knows of a fix? I wanted to downgrade my phone, but it seems far too risky for me to try.

Thanks

Badis_5

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with my galaxy s6 edge, I'm not able to receive texte messages and the only way to get the messages people sent me, I have to either send a texte message to myself (which is possible) or I have to texte someone and then the messages will appear. I'm currently with a canadian carrier called koodo. At first i thought there was a problem with the network but then I realized that it might be from the device itself. I just want to know if you were able to fix this problem if so, please tell how you done it.
Thank you

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue in reverse....I was able to recieve messages, but no one recieved mine.. I took mine back into sprint, and what he did was turn off the 4g, restart my phone, then turn it back on, and restart my 4g, and did one more restart and it has worked well ever since....

MarmK13

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I had this a few weeks ago, my girlfriend couldn't text me to say that she had got home safely after a date. Seems like there is a limit of 1000 texts before no more are received.
Back up your texts and delete them. You'll get a deluge.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Freemeadow

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with me and my gf phone, she doesnt receive any of my txt unless I send an image with my txt or I use the "ok google" app.... Its been the most annoying situation. Has anyone had a definite solution?

Marzern

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with me and my gf phone, she doesnt receive any of my txt unless I send an image with my txt or I use the "ok google" app.... Its been the most annoying situation. Has anyone had a definite solution?

I am having the same problem. Im not sure what the "ok google" app is but it is random text that i dont get and random text that I send that the recepiants dont always get. The only way to make sure they get my messages is by sending a screenshot of the text. When i do that they always get it. I have a galaxy 6s edge. I had to have a factory reset done to my phone in a couple of months ago b/c i locked myself out and At&t told me there was nothing else i could do. Ive been having the problem with my text messages ever since then. Im wondering if its a software problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez