Messages from iPhones

Greg Savage

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a perplexing problem. I can send text messages to my daughter's and son-in-law's iPhone 6's but I cannot receive messages from them. I have deleted and recreated their entries in my contacts. They checked their phones and confirmed iMessage and MMS are turned on. Any suggestions?

Greg

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well iMessage doesn't pertain to you if you are using an Android phone unless you had an iPhone in the past. Did you used to have one?

Greg Savage

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had one but confirmed it was deactivated. Can't figure out why I can't get text messages from (some) iPhone users.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I had one but confirmed it was deactivated. Can't figure out why I can't get text messages from (some) iPhone users.

Had a similar problem when I went from iPhone 5s to windows lumia 1020...even though I deregistered the device they had my # cached in imessage for 30-45 days. After that time all texts were coming through no problem. If you're a new comer from iPhone I'd suggest the deregistered tool offered hopefully it does the job fast.

GetSlideways

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue. It seems to be an issue with imessage and not the carrier or your phone itself. I stopped receiving group messages from people who were still on iphones, they could see mine but i would not get theirs (i just switched from an iphone4 to the s6 edge). Did the deregistration page thing, turned off imessage on my old phone, but still happening.

I downloaded Textra, and set that as my default messenger, and that seemed to help most of the conversations get through, and is very similar to the way the stock messenger acts. Although the edge notifications for messages dont show up. Hopefully after a month or so I can switch back to the stock messenger and find it to now be working.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD imessage! I think its been pulled from the play store now, but it was a service that allowed you to send messages as imessages, however it was routing the messages through a server in china, likely for data harvesting.

I wish there was a way to route my messages through my old iphone to avoid the imessage issues I am having, or a way to falsely identify your phone as an iphone to continue the messages going through lol (basically copy whatever the china servers were doing without having to use them).

oh well... isn't apple wonderful...

Greg Savage

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Frustrating day. Spent 90 minutes at AT&T. We went through all the troubleshooting options, including replacing the SIM card, to no avail. I still can't get messages from some iPhone users. AT&T even unregistered my phone number with Apple, which I had done previously. I am waiting for a phone call from senior technical support later today. If they can't find a solution, I will have to bite the bullet and go back to an iPhone. Just wonderful.

Greg Savage

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Final update. The problem was on the iPhones. Because I had been an iPhone user previously, even though I deregistered, iPhones that had me in their contacts still looked at me as an iPhone user. Once they deleted me from their contacts, removed me from all messaging threads, and then re-entered me in their contacts, the messaging functionality was restored. So now I have the folks I routinely message with fixed, I don't know who might be testing me with the old information in their contacts. I like my Galaxy S6 Edge again.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been seeing people post about this issue for years. I don't understand why Apple can't figure out this issue. Or maybe Apple doesn't want to figure it out so you go back to iPhone. Glad to hear you got it working.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing people post about this issue for years. I don't understand why Apple can't figure out this issue. Or maybe Apple doesn't want to figure it out so you go back to iPhone. Glad to hear you got it working.

You got it right the 2nd time. They don't want you to fix the issue so you go crawling back to them. I think most iPhone users aren't very tech savvy and therefore don't know how to research the issue. They just assume "oh, Android sucks, my iPhone was way better"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty