Galaxy S6 screen uneven with the bezel

Bibek Nepali

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, my s6 glass is uneven in the corners,
Is is just me or somebody else is having this issue with Galaxy S6.
I think the front screen is uneven with the bezel of the phone. When I move my thump on the four corners towards the bezel, I can feel that in the bottom left corner, the glass is a bit up that the bezel whereas in the bottom right corner, the glass is a bit low. What I mean to say when i move my thump in the bottom left from screen towards the bezel, I barely feel the bezel whereas in the bottom right, I can feel the bezel very nicely and even see the dip if the angle is right.
Also on the top tow corners, I still can feel the bezel but not as much as the lower right corner.
Is the phone just made that way so that they can take the screen pop out from the dip for maintenance or it is just the problem with my phone.
Thank you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like it's defective. Have you tried contacting the retailer to inquire about a replacement? If it's a hardware defect I would suggest a replacement so that you don't have to worry about the issue getting worse later down the line.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, my s6 glass is uneven in the corners,
Is is just me or somebody else is having this issue with Galaxy S6.
I think the front screen is uneven with the bezel of the phone. When I move my thump on the four corners towards the bezel, I can feel that in the bottom left corner, the glass is a bit up that the bezel whereas in the bottom right corner, the glass is a bit low. What I mean to say when i move my thump in the bottom left from screen towards the bezel, I barely feel the bezel whereas in the bottom right, I can feel the bezel very nicely and even see the dip if the angle is right.
Also on the top tow corners, I still can feel the bezel but not as much as the lower right corner.
Is the phone just made that way so that they can take the screen pop out from the dip for maintenance or it is just the problem with my phone.
Thank you

I have almost the same issue. My earpiece is slanted enough on the right side to be noticeable. I've taken pictures of it but the lighting in my house sucks and can't really be seen.

Posted via the Android Central App

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Not to sound rude, but you guys are nit-picking way too much. I have the same 'issue'. I also work in manufacturing, and expecting tolerances of thousands of an inch is not going to happen on a mass produced $700 device. If you have to have every edge line up perfectly, be ready to drop a lot more than $700 to have it machined/assembled perfectly. It's not a defect.

A comparison would be a Chevy you have that has slotted holes to mount the body. The panels aren't made perfect, you adjust it the best you can and go on with your life. If you need every edge to line up perfectly, well, it needs to be done by hand by a skilled artisan, and it's going to cost 200 grand (think Ferrari).

My screen also has varying gap sizes between the glass and frame. The glass isn't perfectly centered. I'm assuming it's glued on. Now, in order to make it perfect, you probably can't glue it because of the elasticity of the adhesive. Or use a jig to center it while gluing, hold it in place at controlled temperature/humidity to prevent any shift, and cross your fingers. If it sat in a box sideways while it was curing it could shift. There are so many variables. Bottom line is, they cut the frames slightly larger than the glass to prevent stress cracking, and drop it in. Some will line up great, others won't. If everything was made 'perfect' costs would be tremendous and your phone would be less durable. If that frame perfectly fit the glass, any shock to the frame will transfer right to the glass. Think of it as a feature. Floating impact absorbing glass.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Not to sound rude, but you guys are nit-picking way too much. I have the same 'issue'. I also work in manufacturing, and expecting tolerances of thousands of an inch is not going to happen on a mass produced $700 device. If you have to have every edge line up perfectly, be ready to drop a lot more than $700 to have it machined/assembled perfectly. It's not a defect.

A comparison would be a Chevy you have that has slotted holes to mount the body. The panels aren't made perfect, you adjust it the best you can and go on with your life. If you need every edge to line up perfectly, well, it needs to be done by hand by a skilled artisan, and it's going to cost 200 grand (think Ferrari).

My screen also has varying gap sizes between the glass and frame. The glass isn't perfectly centered. I'm assuming it's glued on. Now, in order to make it perfect, you probably can't glue it because of the elasticity of the adhesive. Or use a jig to center it while gluing, hold it in place at controlled temperature/humidity to prevent any shift, and cross your fingers. If it sat in a box sideways while it was curing it could shift. There are so many variables. Bottom line is, they cut the frames slightly larger than the glass to prevent stress cracking, and drop it in. Some will line up great, others won't. If everything was made 'perfect' costs would be tremendous and your phone would be less durable. If that frame perfectly fit the glass, any shock to the frame will transfer right to the glass. Think of it as a feature. Floating impact absorbing glass.

Not to sound rude or anything but yeah, an 800 dollar (in my case) phone should be dang near perfect. I understand tolerances and if your good with it and doesn't bother you, great! I can tolerate mine as well. I just mentioned the fact that is not straight and is noticeable. Did i mention death to Samsung for it? Or even mention that I'm upset? No. I was just stating a fact.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays