Since software update, I can't stay connected to Pandora when I'm walking.. help! What is going on?

kymbix

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Since software update, I can't stay connected to Pandora when I'm walking... help!

Ever since the software update a few weeks ago, I can't stream Pandora while moving. For example, I can connect when I am in my home, connected to my WiFi, but as soon as I leave (i.e. to go for a walk, a jog, a drive), it won't stay connected. It will finish the first song, and then... nothing. It will show the next song, but won't play it. Then it will continue to show songs, but won't play them, either. For the record, the route I walk isn't out of range/rural. It's in the middle of the city and has always been fine until this most recent update. Please help!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Since software update, I can't stay connected to Pandora when I'm walking... help!

Ever since the software update a few weeks ago, I can't stream Pandora while moving. For example, I can connect when I am in my home, connected to my WiFi, but as soon as I leave (i.e. to go for a walk, a jog, a drive), it won't stay connected. It will finish the first song, and then... nothing. It will show the next song, but won't play it. Then it will continue to show songs, but won't play them, either. For the record, the route I walk isn't out of range/rural. It's in the middle of the city and has always been fine until this most recent update. Please help!

Since updating to Lollipop, I have noticed some connectivity issues. After awhile, I decided it was largely because the phone had some trouble switching promptly to 4g after being on wi-fi. I found that putting it in airplane mode, and then turning a.m. off again so that 4g would reboot--fixed the problem. It's an annoyance sometimes having to do it, but at least it's a workaround.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Since software update, I can't stay connected to Pandora when I'm walking... help!

Might also be a Pandora problem. Make sure your getting the latest updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

Randy Orgeron

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this EXACT SAME ISSUE w/ Pandora as KYMBIX.
The suggestion of putting my android device into Airplane Mode
(usu. for about 30 seconds) does work, but GEEZE what an
annoyance to have to do this while jogging. I did not realize that
it was an update issue. It did start happening a few weeks ago.
I even went so far as to restore my device to factory defaults,
which--of course--did not resolve the issue.

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I stream Pandora daily while driving to and from work without any issues. Which update did you have recently? 5.1.1? I'm on AT&T and still on 5.0.2.

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

For Pandora I'm on version 6.3 but my phone OS is 5.0.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty