S7E or 6P

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I notice no hesitation at all. While I own an iPad and it's snappy it's also boring. I will never own an iPhone. iPad works great but ios isn't my cup of tea..

The 6P is a great phone but I have a couple of things I do not like about it. As Sangs mentioned above I'm not all that enamored with stock Android either. That aside my biggest issue is the size. It's too damn big. The S7 Edge is the sweet Spot for me, it fits in my pocket and fits in my cupholder in my vehicle. And as I mentioned before I could care less about bloatware.

You won't notice it unless you're coming from a legit fast phone. I put the S6 Edge Plus on 5.1.1 (no encryption) next to my S7 Edge and response to taps is night and day. S6 Edge Plus blows it out of the water.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Size and stock Android are obviously matters of taste, but nobody is going to tell me the S7 and S7 Edge isn't snappy. Whatever that "video" proves is beyond me. Oh and the 6P camera and S7 camera come very close to one another in bright light photos. But go walk around while shooting video with the 6P then do so with the S7. Not. Even. Close. The S7 also takes better lowlight photos, not only because of the sensor, but because it has OIS. The 6P - in what for me was the most mind-boggling decision of the year for a phone that size - does NOT have OIS. Thus the jelly-vision videos and blurry low light pics. I really wanted to love the 6P, but in a way am glad I didn't, since the S7 and S7 Edge are the superior phones. And who gives a rat's behind about "bloatware" when you can put in a 128 or 200 gig SD card? Not to mention, you can disable all the bloat anyway. Non-issue.

It's not snappy. Sorry, just the real life. Hey, some people think the Mazda Miata is fast, that's great. Doesn't make it actually a fast car.

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Having had the nexus, which was great and now the s7 edge, I'm leaning towards the s7. Better Battery life and camera. The extra storage is welcome. I had issues with the 6p and the screen rotation issue. With the themes now on the s7, TouchWiz is a minor issue. Either pick is solid.

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Having owned every single Android and iOS flagship for the last few years... there is a HUGE speed difference we can tell.

Take a look at the interface lagging behind iOS like crazy:
iPhone 6S Plus Destroys Galaxy S7 In Speed Test | MacRumors Forums

The 6P performs better but not nearly as well as iOS.

Take note: the S7 Edge literally hesitate whenever you tap an icon, while the 6S Plus responds immediately.

Compared to my main phone right now (S6 Edge Plus), the S7 Edge is far behind in interface speed. But my device is on 5.1.1 so it may slow to S7 Edge speeds on Marshmallow. And that would mean it's Google's fault (and Samsung's) for yet again producing bloated slow OS - AKA Android Marshmallow.

I've seen that video, and all I can say is "consider the source." MacRumors is hardly a bastion of unbiased journalism. My S7 doesn't hesitate like what they show in that video at all. Something's bogus with that comparison.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey, some people think the Mazda Miata is fast, that's great. Doesn't make it actually a fast car.

As the owner of a Miata and a new Stingray, I agree, the Miata isn't fast. However, it's a blast to drive on a tight, winding road. A heck of a lot more fun to drive than a lot of cars that are faster. Just as a good Android phone is more satisfying in many ways than an iPhone, because it is so much more flexible, more customizable, and can simply do so much more. Even if the iPhone is faster at the more limited things it can do.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Putting my mod hat on... Keep it civil please. Want to disagree? Great. But please leave the snarky comments at the door.

tanker8764

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The nexus lineup of phones are just to boring for me. The nexus lineup is just like the iPhone's they have a very simple os for people that just want a phone to be easy to use.

Posted via samsung galaxy s7 edge

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I rocked the 6p since it was released and it is an awesome phone. The first phone who's performance never wained with age. The camera was great and it was just ridiculously snappy. I never switched between apps using the multiscreen button until the 6p because until it came along the multiscreen switching was kinda clunky.
All that being said, it's a huge phone. I'm a very tall man with long fingers and it still just wasn't that comfortable in hand. The lack of OIS bothered me when I was shooting video of my kids. Vanilla android is a bit bland. No themes like the s6 I had before the 6p. I also worried about the aluminum body when I went without a case.
The s7e solves all of the things I didn't like about the 6p, however minor they were. Plus the s7e is Less expensive. I got two of them for $550. They are $800 each but there's a bogo plus $250 target gc if you upgrade at the store and you're on Verizon. Done deal!

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
And first crack at the new bugs, too. :D

I've been in QA for far too many years to admit... Call me a masochist, but I love finding bugs and their presence doesn't faze me one bit. I've actually consulted with Google engineers after I reported a couple of issues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been in QA for far too many years to admit... Call me a masochist, but I love finding bugs and their presence doesn't faze me one bit. I've actually consulted with Google engineers after I reported a couple of issues.

That is why we are nerds. ^_^.