Perhaps I am to optimistic

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use samsung sidesync to do various things with my phone. The sidesync software got an update specifically for Android N support today. Could this be a sign of a soon to be released Android N firmware for our phones.

We also haven't seen an October update.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Lol, maybe. Going by previous experience, Samsung will hold the latest version until the new devices are released (with N as an enticement to purchase them). Call me a cynic....

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Lol, maybe. Going by previous experience, Samsung will hold the latest version until the new devices are released (with N as an enticement to purchase them). Call me a cynic....
Usually the S gets the upgrade a couple of months after the Notes gets released as they both get it at the same time. Going by experience I usually get them December.

As for not receiving the October patch, could just be your carrier. I have a carrier branded device and I receive patches on the last week of every month.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea like I said I figured it was very optimistic. It just struck me as odd to release the software specifically for N support when nothing out there has it. There is also allot of desire out there to bring many of the Note7's non S-pen features to the S7edge since Note 7 was discontinued. A upgrade to N would be the best opportunity to bring all of that together.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty