Why isn't my S7 message icon indicating new messages?

A

AC Question

My s7 message icon is not indicating new messages

My new s7 message icon was indicating the number of new messages and now it isn't. I have tried resetting and looked through the settings and I can't imagine why it stopped showing the new messages and I can't find a setting that would change this. What is going on? It shows up at the top that I have a message but the icon does not show the number anymore.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--you're talking about the stock Messaging app (i.e., SMS), and not the Email or Gmail apps, right?

2high4u

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Same person who asked the question as above, yes the regular SMS messaging =)

Do you use another launcher like Nova ? If yes, go in tesla unread, sometimes the notification tab turns off for no reason.

If not, go to your settings > notifications > scroll down to ''Message'' and see if it's ON.

Last attempt is setting > notifications*> advanced (top right) > scroll down to message and press on it > check if ''Allow notifications'' is on.

AriDroid88

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah the notifications are on. It's odd because it was showing up fine before now it's just gone. It shows up at the top a little message icon when I have messages but that's it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays