Wireless charging issues

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
i think i might have solved my problem. it seems to be fast charging now since i disabled the screen saver. It said it was fast charging but it really did not seem to work till i disabled the screen saver under display

I'm able to regular wireless charge using my Choetech wireless charger, but the fast charge isn't working, just keeps pausing. Turning off the screensaver didn't help.

Very very frustrated.

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm able to regular wireless charge using my Choetech wireless charger, but the fast charge isn't working, just keeps pausing. Turning off the screensaver didn't help.

Very very frustrated.

That's exactly my problem further up this thread too. I've asked a couple of questions of the knowledgeable folks here that may help possibly.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The problem may be you need the s8 pad to properly do fast charge, anything else kicks it to 1.0 charge speeds. The adapter included may not supply enough power WHEN not in quick charge mode, meanwhile normal chargers always output 1 and 2 amps.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The problem may be you need the s8 pad to properly do fast charge, anything else kicks it to 1.0 charge speeds. The adapter included may not supply enough power WHEN not in quick charge mode, meanwhile normal chargers always output 1 and 2 amps.

Wow, Samsung forcing customers to buy their overpriced charging pad to wireless fast charge? Just wow...

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm using last year's Samsung wireless charger and it seems to have stayed in fast charging mode the whole time so far.
Screenshot_20170422-015034.png

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I also notice this. Using the charger and cable that came with it, it pauses the charging after about 30 seconds. I removed the charging brick and connect the cable to my Anker multi-USB charging unit and it charges continuously. I think the issue is with the Adaptive Fast Charging unit. Samsung needs to fix this. I think I may end up returning the fast charging pad until they fix this.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have used fast wireless charging and regular with no problem using a thin case. All third-party brands. 3 different ones. No problems. I would just check your alignment.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
OK, so being that my fast charger is a non-Samsung one, am I required to use a Samsung one in order for the Wireless Fast Charge option to appear in settings for the first time?

I can't find anything else on this issue with a Google search so I feel it must be user-error on my part.
No I have never used a Samsung charger and it works fine.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I also notice this. Using the charger and cable that came with it, it pauses the charging after about 30 seconds. I removed the charging brick and connect the cable to my Anker multi-USB charging unit and it charges continuously. I think the issue is with the Adaptive Fast Charging unit. Samsung needs to fix this. I think I may end up returning the fast charging pad until they fix this.
Mine works but I have not used the Samsung brick. I used third party QC 2.0 or 3.0. I will try switching it out to Samsung later to see if it replicates the problem.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use a Tylt Vu for overnight regular wireless charging.

I also have the stand up Samsung Fast Wireless charger.

They both work with the Samsung case on

394.jpg

And the Samsung one in my office does do Fast charging

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Using S8 with CHOETECH Fast Wireless Charger and the S8's wall charger plugged into a surge protector/power strip, I got the same disconnecting issues. Switching wall chargers to S6's worked, but only slow charged. I then plugged the S8's charger directly into the wall outlet and fast charge worked. I then put it back in the power strip like I had originally and it's now fast charging as it should. The solution (for now) could be a couple things, But I'm thinking perhaps the S8 initially needs a trickle of slow charge before it can go into fast. I'll be trying some things to narrow down scenarios when this happens again, but for now I'm fast charging wirelessly and properly. FWIW. This is on a VZW S8 with newest firmware. I've seen multiple reports on this across the internet including youtube with Official Sammy wireless chargers. Chances are a firmware update can correct this.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow, Samsung forcing customers to buy their overpriced charging pad to wireless fast charge? Just wow...

To double up on this..shortly (like 24 hours) after I did some research on buying a wireless stand for my soon to be s8, ebay listings for most s7 wireless quick chargers started amending that they did not work with the s8. What is funny is I think many of them originally said it supported the s8. Maybe samsung new something they didn't and contacted them?

On the flip side my cheap as hell 1.0 charging puck I had picked up to charge my moto 360 in emergencies had no problem charging the phone at 1.0 speeds. I was using the charger that had come with my lg g4.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
To double up on this..shortly (like 24 hours) after I did some research on buying a wireless stand for my soon to be s8, ebay listings for most s7 wireless quick chargers started amending that they did not work with the s8. What is funny is I think many of them originally said it supported the s8. Maybe samsung new something they didn't and contacted them?

On the flip side my cheap as hell 1.0 charging puck I had picked up to charge my moto 360 in emergencies had no problem charging the phone at 1.0 speeds. I was using the charger that had come with my lg g4.

Interesting... Well my adaptive SMART outlet works but not the one labeled QC3. Not happy.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Choetech just apologized and issued me a refund for their chargers not fast charging.

I also got an apology from Elephas via Amazon, and a full refund.

Being that the option to toggle on/off fast wireless charging doesn't even exist on my phone, I am debating whether or not to spend any money on another fast wireless charger at all. I could really do with it though but I don't want to spend money for no good reason...

I've had so much conflicting information from people here and on Reddit, with some saying that I need a Samsung fast wireless charger for the option to initially show up in settings, and some people saying it doesn't matter. I'm so confused.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I also got an apology from Elephas via Amazon, and a full refund.

Being that the option to toggle on/off fast wireless charging doesn't even exist on my phone, I am debating whether or not to spend any money on another fast wireless charger at all. I could really do with it though but I don't want to spend money for no good reason...

I've had so much conflicting information from people here and on Reddit, with some saying that I need a Samsung fast wireless charger for the option to initially show up in settings, and some people saying it doesn't matter. I'm so confused.

I can't justify the cost of one of those new fancy Samsung chargers so I'm sticking with slow charging wirelessly for now. There's always the option of plugging in if I need speed :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87