Ridiculous charging time with NEW battery

Olivia Bowers

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have had my s3 for nearly two years. I got a new battery about a month ago, not a samsungs own, but it still wasn't cheap. I've been charging it using the s3 charger (the plug and usb) and it takes more than 12 hours to be fully charged (even when turned off) and it drains quickly too. I have another battery, a cheapie and it takes ages with that battery too.

Anyone got any suggestions? I've tried charding with a wall charger I think it's a blackberry one and it still takes ages!

Also drains when using while charging!

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I have had my s3 for nearly two years. I got a new battery about a month ago, not a samsungs own, but it still wasn't cheap. I've been charging it using the s3 charger (the plug and usb) and it takes more than 12 hours to be fully charged (even when turned off) and it drains quickly too. I have another battery, a cheapie and it takes ages with that battery too.

Anyone got any suggestions? I've tried charding with a wall charger I think it's a blackberry one and it still takes ages!

Also drains when using while charging!

Thanks!

There might be something running in the background while the device is charging. Try a factory reset and see if it fixes your problem. Remember to backup/sync your data before doing so. When you get setup and try charging again let us know how it goes.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There might be something running in the background while the device is charging.
She mentioned that the problem still persists even with the phone turned off. It sounds like a problem with the charging port. It might just be dirty/gunked up, or perhaps the pins aren't aligned properly after these years of use. She could try a wireless charging solution (to eliminate the micro-USB port).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

alsafi

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
The problem maybe in the battery because it is not an original from Samsung. It may be corrupted. try to get or barrow an original battery , put it on your phone and charge the battery , If does not work normally, this means that the reason it is not the battery .... the next step try wipe cache partition and factory reset from recovery mode then check again , If there is no good result , try flashing a new software (ROM) , If there is no change this means that the problem in the device, go to the the service center .....