TouchWiz and Desktop View

fpscod9

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The stock browser can't remember desktop view anymore I had to reset every time I turn it on...anyway to fix that? thx''ie tested on yahoo homepage

Last edited:

neova333

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The only way to keep the default browser in desktop mode with TouchWiz is to root and install a modified framework-res.apk

If that doesn't sound like something you want to do there's always Dolphin HD and Opera.

i1der

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This issue ruined a lot of my browsing experience... Root on this doesn't seem really necessary till now IMO:'(

dworsky

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This is just crazy. I can't even get about:debug to go to the setting menu now that I installed the touchwiz update.

There must be some way to do this without rooting.

Edgar

StinDaWg

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The thing that is most annoying about this is that none of the other browsers are as good or stable as the stock TW browser. Dolphin for Pad is a good start it seems. Does anyone know where we can contact Samsung directly about this issue incase they arent aware of it? An official forum perhaps? This issue is annoying enough to make we want to return it honestly if they dont fix it. Others have mentioned that it forgets the setting after powered off but in my case it will revert everytime the debug menu is removed from settings. (happens automatically several times a day)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89