Deleted files, but memory didn't clear!

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

Well, it's not like I haven't spent the past hour or so searching everywhere, but I'm sure not finding an answer to this one:

I'm loading media files onto my new Verizon GT 7.7 -- I've got a 64GB microSD card formatted as FAT32, which gives me plenty of room, but I figured I'd make some use of the 16GB internal memory, too. I figured on leaving about half of it available.

So, I put a few large video files onto the internal 16 gigs, but it was more than I wanted to load there, so I moved a couple of files back to the SD card. Basically, I moved about 3 gigs back to the SD card.

Then, to my horror, I found that, in the Storage settings, the available memory DIDN'T MOVE A BIT -- the memory didn't "clear."

Though, it looks like the amount I moved is now showing in the "Miscellaneous files" section, but when I look into that, it's all in the "System memory" shown at the top of the screen.

So, I want to "clear my memory." And, of course, all I can find is ten million things about uninstalling apps, clearing app caches, and so on. I get the impression that there must be some "system memory cache," but I sure can't find anything about that, or perhaps also a few very scary thing that I know nothing about, like booting into System Recovery.

If you can help, I would surely appreciate -- I'd like to get my three gigs back! :-[

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Update:

Well, I finally got into the recovery menu, and cleared my cache partition. And it didn't help.

So, let me try this again:

When I go into Storage, I see what I'm thinking is my "three gigabytes" showing in the Miscellaneous files section. When I go into that, I see a few kilobytes for a few programs, but at the top it says "System Memory," which is 3.33GB.

This is after a fresh boot, I've cleared all of the data in all of my applications, so there's really nothing else going on or taking up space.

So, I have one question for everybody: Is this a normal amount of "System Memory" that you see? Can you go into the settings, and tell me what you have for "System Memory?" I'd sure appreciate that.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress