New system update

gerryex

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi ALL,

Just got a new system update for my Tab Pro 10.1 but I don't know what it did! It was a substantial download of about 114 MBytes and while I knew it was way too early to get Android 5.0 - Lollipop (are we supposed to get it?) I thought it might be 4.4.4 but after the update the version still reads 4.4.2. I'm sure one of the other numbers changed like build or release number but I have no idea what they were before.

Did anyone else get this update and does anyone know what it did?

Also does anyone know if we are going to get Lollipop?

Gerry

DukeOfURL01

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I really wish I knew about Lollipop. Something tells me we're going to be waiting a while as the Pro seems to have a lower priority than their newer models. I guess we'll find out. At least we don't have to wait for a cell carrier this time.

gerryex

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
There is a very active comments thread on Amazon (look up the tab pro 10.1, go to the customer reviews and the most relevant one should be by Daisy S and then go to the comments). She is very knowledgeable about the Tab Pro and she posted this link to an article saying we will get Lollipop:

Android L 5.0 Lollipop Download Release Date for Samsung Galaxy S4 & S5 Set for November or Early December? : Tech : Latinos Post

Also, this update that I just got apparently is an update that is needed before the update for L can be sent, so while I have no idea when we will get L, I would think its not too far away.

Gerry

DukeOfURL01

May 24, 2014
Visit site
That article mentions another article at another place called TheAndroidSoul which has a chart that says Samsung hasn’t given any official statement yet regarding its Android 5.0 update plans, but looking through the company’s record history, they've composed a list of devices that we think will be getting the Android 5.0 update and when, and it says the Tab Pro 10.1 is listed as January-February 2015. I can't wait! - I sure hope this fixes the problem with The Simpsons Tapped Out.

Last edited:

bobn151

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So, back to this new system update, does anyone know what it does, what it fixes, are their release notes for it? Does it prevent users from disabling apps they don't use nor want running...., other new restrictions?

bobn151

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I was asking about the latest update for the Samsung Tab Pro, not a lollipop update.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty