Anyone else "holding" their Tab until this week at CES?

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I got mine the week of Christmas from the wife, now I'm just waiting to see what CES has to offer.

If a similar Tablet will be offered, with as good screen quality within the next 1-2 months, I think I will be returning it. I love it, I truely do, especially the 7" formfactor and battery life. However if something better is right around the corner, I can wait.

I got mine from RadioShack, they have been very good to me as far as returns go.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
How soon is "just around the corner"? Because the Honeycomb tabs don't look like they're coming until 2Q. I almost returned my Galaxy Tab a couple of weeks ago, but then decided that I liked it too much to wait 6 months for something else.

The Notion Ink Adam is supposed to come out right now, but it still has the aroma of vaporware surrounding it.

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The motorola xoom looks to be right around the corner and so is the rumored samsung gtab 2.

I'm a little pissed at the news of these tablets running honeycomb especially since all dev work on the gtab is coming along pretty slowly. No disrespect to any of the devs on the forum, just venting about us running behind just like many of the samsung smart phones. The fascinate is still on 2.1, ridiculous

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I also nearly returned my Tab. I am still within the 30day return window. However I have decided to keep it. The thing simply works and does everything I need for it to do plus some. Most of what I need it to do centers on the cloud - Evernote, Sugarsync, email, internet browsing the ocassional video chat and have ubiquetous access to the cloud (wifi and 3G when wifi is not available) this needs to be seemless for me and require no continual setup or tethering to another device.

Irespective of rumor about future devices I am keeping this thing. I have had the IPAD 3G - while it is a nice device it is just too big for my mobile needs. I have experimented with lesser Android tablets and they were more nuisance than useful.

So while I will keep an eye on the news coming from CES - I will do so through my Tab which is functioning just fine right now.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what Honeycomb will bring to the table, but the only real upgrade I want from the Galaxy Tab is 1200 X 756 or even 1440 X 900 screen resolution. Better camera would be nice, but if the 7" tablet stays at 1024 X 600, it's not worth the upgrade for me. Also, I really like 7", so the XOOM tablet hold no interest for me.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
i just want my Tab to print Word, Excel, and email attachments then i will be 100% happy. Cant make it work withGoogle Docs and Docs to go with Print Share.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not so much concerned with Honeycomb... to me its about getting good hardware, ie tegra2 and a screen up to par with the Tab. Honeycomb will come in due time. :-D

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
i just want my Tab to print Word, Excel, and email attachments then i will be 100% happy. Cant make it work withGoogle Docs and Docs to go with Print Share.

@CSI Guy - as discussed in another thread - the app combination you mention already does what you desire. The best part is it works with all released versions of Android and devices as far as I know. Keep working with it and you will come to that conclusion as well. Best Wishes...

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I knew new tabs would be coming out later in 2011, but got the samsung tab anyways, I am waiting on the motorolla tab to come out, when it does, I will give my samsung tab to the wife so she can give her ipad junk away to someone

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I knew new tabs would be coming out later in 2011, but got the samsung tab anyways, I am waiting on the motorolla tab to come out, when it does, I will give my samsung tab to the wife so she can give her ipad junk away to someone

This is a good option too. I had the G-Tablet from Viewsonic for about a week. It was quick, but so cheap feeling, most apps would not work (even with AOSP Android loaded), and my wife constantly laughed at its awful screen quality; as did I. If something better comes out in the next few months, she would happily take my Tab. She really likes using it so far....

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
All these new tabs are making me drool even though I have the galaxy tab. The down side is most of these are about 3-6 months away from probably showing up on the store shelves. However w/ the craze and rave about apple going to release the iPad 2 they would be smart tonsee what they do and make any minor tweaks they might need to.

HalM

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My wife wanted a good e-reader for Christmas and after an extensive evaluation of what is out there, she decided on a Galaxy Tab. We are IT consultants (mostly MS Exchange) so we are very aware how fast things change in the technology world and realize that a six month old product is probably in mid life cycle. As a side note, she likes the Tab so much that she dropped her iPhone 3GS and picked up a Captivate off of Craigslist!

Like several of you, our plan is to see what comes out at CES and if there is a great upgrade, we'll get it for my wife and then I'll take over the Tab.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It looks like mostly everything, except perhaps the Notion Ink Adam, is at least 3+ months out. I think they are doing themselves a disservice considering ipad2 will be out before that.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting to pick up a Tab. I cant decide though, waiting to see whats new in CES first....too many decisions. If I cant decide I might just go for the iPad....not sure yet.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So CES is over and I don't think I am able to decide to keep the Tab or not, however leaning more towards taking it back. As I can always buy it again...

The 1.2ghz Tab looks enticing. As do the Xoom. However I would really like to stay with the Tabs screen size. Decisions.....

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am feeling the exact same. I have until Tuesday to return the tab. I wouldn't buy anything but a 7" tablet. 10" is too big to carry around and if I'm not taking it with me then I need my smartphone and not the Tab dumbphone combo in using now. So xoom is out. This is a great guide to the upcoming tablets:

http://www.engadget.com/features/tablets-at-ces-2011/

So CES is over and I don't think I am able to decide to keep the Tab or not, however leaning more towards taking it back. As I can always buy it again...

The 1.2ghz Tab looks enticing. As do the Xoom. However I would really like to stay with the Tabs screen size. Decisions.....

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch