I have encountered so many bugs! Will you see if you can recreate them as well?

jjudk001

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I tend to make videos with positive vibes to them, but after testing the Gear S2 for 48 hours I have encountered so many annoying bugs. I really hope samsung can come out with some updates, and FAST.

Wont connect to Nexus 6 with 6.0 build on it (not a big deal really, I understand)

Pedometer randomly wasn't working when I first got it

S-health and Nike + have issues getting a GPS lock from phone, have to restart phone and toggle GPS on and off for it to work.

Display will not turn off if you have the "wake up gesture" setting turned off

There are bugs in the Android phone portion of the software when copying music

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I tend to make videos with positive vibes to them, but after testing the Gear S2 for 48 hours I have encountered so many annoying bugs. I really hope samsung can come out with some updates, and FAST.

Wont connect to Nexus 6 with 6.0 build on it (not a big deal really, I understand)

Pedometer randomly wasn't working when I first got it

S-health and Nike + have issues getting a GPS lock from phone, have to restart phone and toggle GPS on and off for it to work.

Display will not turn off if you have the "wake up gesture" setting turned off

There are bugs in the Android phone portion of the software when copying music

I noticed when I run on the treadmill yesterday it didn't record any distance or steps. However when I do regular running or walking around it records it just fine. Just curious what would cause it not to work on the treadmill but as soon as I got off and walked it works just fine.

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't work with Marshmallow? Give Samsung some time to certify the Gear S2 with the new OS

Pedometer wasn't working, but now is? So no issues anymore? Is there something you did to fix it?

I haven't used the GPS with S Health so I can't add anything, but possibly a Nexus to S2 issue?

When I have the gesture off, screen goes off in 15 seconds

Detail the bugs in copying music. Also be aware you only have 2GB of space to play with

I would recommend resetting your watch and trying again.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed when I run on the treadmill yesterday it didn't record any distance or steps. However when I do regular running or walking around it records it just fine. Just curious what would cause it not to work on the treadmill but as soon as I got off and walked it works just fine.

Just guessing, but isn't one of the watch sensors an accelerometer? If so, would that mean that it doesn't sense that you are going anywhere (running in place on the treadmill)?

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Noticing a much lower steps count on s2 compared to Gear Live and gear fit. 1100 vs 1400 and 1800 vs 2100 (wearing both). Also periods walking around house doing various chores where s2 seems to add no steps during lots of stops and starts, where should be racking up at least 100 to 150. Still monitoring it to make sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95