Latest update with screen timeout.

Roy A

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Just downloaded the latest (?) update with the screen time out options. I was so excited. But setting the new time out to 1 minute or 5 minute makes no difference. Screen still timeouts after 30 seconds or less. Now just disappointed! Anybody else get this to work? Also, what is the easiest way to restart the watch?

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure that in order to use the longer time outs you need to turn wake-up gesture OFF. It's a trade-off to conserve battery. I prefer to leave wake-up gesture ON, so I don't have to touch the watch to see the time. This, coupled with the more detailed ambient face of the Special Edition watch face, seems to be the best chance of getting an accurate idea of what time it is by glancing at my wrist. Which, bottom line, is why I wear a watch. :)

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it works with wake-up gesture on or off, but the timeout set only applies when the screen was turned through a means other than the wake up gesture. For example if you turn the bezel one click to the right and then left.

Also @nickdeck, the Modern Utility ambient watchface is also more detailed now with the new update, in case you prefer that over the the Special Edition.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Right you are, sir. I think I knew that and just forgot!

And, thanks for the tip about the Modern Utility face. I do like that one better, in general. I really have no need to know the moon phases. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89