Playmemory Moble update

Mordac

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed this AM that the Playmemory Moble app updated to support 4.3. *Hopefully* it improved the stability somewhat. Anybody have any experience with the update yet?

I, for one, am hopeful. I think the QX10 is an excellent mid-way between a dedicated camera and my always-available smartphone. Other than the trully horible software interface, I had a great time using it on vacation just a little more than a week ago.

Annoyances:
1. Constantly disconnecting, with excessive reconnect times. Makes it tough to catch that spontainous shot.
2. No way to delete individual shots off the camera's sd card without a reformat. Seems excessive when all you want to do is get rid of the accitantal floor pics.
3. Battery life is not as good as they say, but I suspect that's partially because of the on-again-off-again reconnects from the software.

Nice:
1. Much better pictures.
2. Optical zoom.

Want:
1. Panorama
2. Integration into the default camera apps.

These are just off the top of my head.

-M

ezpl

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am using the PM app with my HTC One and with the latest version I'm experiencing the very same issues. I did try with a Sony Xperia Z phone though and on average it was a lot quicker to connect. Seems Sony need to get serious and provide proper support to non-Sony cameras as well. My QX-100 delivers the most awesome photos I have ever taken!
Some other improvements IMO would be multi-shot (cool with the G+ AutoAwesome animated GIF feature) and more advanced camera options (and easier access to the existing WhiteBalance, Apperture priority and Exposure settings)

-e-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer