128gb micro sd card problems

kingdingdong

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello All

I bought a 128gb micro sd card for my z3 compact only to find out that i will need to format the card to fat32, which seems to be impossible now, i cant even format mat it to anything now let alone to fat32.
I have tried as many way to do this as possible but i keep getting errors of "format didnt complete" or some variation of that.
I have tried using cmd prompt, GUIFORMAT, windows disk managment and multiple youtuve videos.

I have read that the phone can take this type of card if you can format it to fat32. If someone has achieved this or has any advice, it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

kingdingdong

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello

Yes it was originally exfat and still is. The problem is the phone doesnt work well with it (read/write issues).
i have read a few places this phone can take 128gb but no where says how are how to do it

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried formatting any other card or in a different computer? If the format process is the one failing, it might be a faulty SD Card... And yes, the link says to use a CMD prompt. It gives an example of the commands he used for his case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non