Two issues - Battery indicator and Gallery running high overnight?

Ron_Who

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

First off, I'd like to say that I absolutely LOVE my S3! I bought it about a week ago, and haven't put it down since. However, I've run into a couple of issues which I hope someone may be able to help me out with:

1) As of yesterday, I noticed that my battery indicator does not match the percentage of the battery life itself. I did a restart, pulled the battery out for about 10 minutes, powered it on, and still the same. Odd much:

screenshot2012111716434.png

2) After I charge my phone to 100% each night, I take it off the charger, turn SYNC and MOBILE DATA off, and only leave Wifi on. That's no big deal right? Anyways, I wake up the next day to find this:

20121117163340.png

I did further research, and discovered that Picasa was the typical reason. Cool...but I disabled Picasa the same day I bought the phone (the snapshot above is from this morning). Could Dropbox be responsible?

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Where did you disable Picasa? I've heard that Google Plus can be part of the issue try turning off instant upload.

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you rebooted? Take a deep dive into every google app you have and check settings. I was amazed at 1)how much is going on behind the scenes in these apps and 2) how much control the settings give you. i e google maps logs everywhere you go in a huge list and tries to share this with your friends when they look you up via Google. Who knew...

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

Vladabeast

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
For the gallery thing and picasa go to gallery in the apps and clear data. That's how I fixed my gallery taking up battery problem

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer