How's your phone holding up?

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Getting a brand new G2 this week, and was curious to see how your phone is holding up.

I'm coming from an HTC Evo that wouldn't scratch easily and was pretty durable with keys and such in your pocket (I almost never did this). That being said I do baby my phone and am not one to just throw it around.

I purchased the Spigen Slim Armor case as I read great reviews.

Wanted to know should i invest in iloome's tempered glass screen protector? would love to hear your input

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had it for 3 months with no screen protector and it's still scratch free. Hell, my old Nexus S, I put through absolute hell for two years and the screen on it was also scratch free lol.

I'm rocking a case on my G2 though.
-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine is doing good and holding up fine. I'm using the SG MAXX case for mine with the built in screen protector. It is a pretty good case and has saved my phone a few times from bad falls.

Posted via Android Central App

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I had a screen protector on it no scratches on it at all just a hairline crack that disabled the digitizer completely after falling 1 foot off a couch.... using a Moto X (CANNOT WAIT FOR KITKAT on the G2) until the admittedly cheap $27 OEM Glass+Digitizer part comes in.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a screen protector on it no scratches on it at all just a hairline crack that disabled the digitizer completely after falling 1 foot off a couch.... using a Moto X (CANNOT WAIT FOR KITKAT on the G2) until the admittedly cheap $27 OEM Glass+Digitizer part comes in.

I dropped my G2 about 2 feet, it landed on the corner and spider-webbed the entire corner. It also caused the top 1/3rd of my digitizer to quit working. I would like to know where you found an OEM screen, and digitizer for only $27? That's crazy cheap from what I've been seeing. Also, to anyone that thinks they can use this phone without a case, I highly would not recommend it. You can get away without a screen protector, but invest in a case.

lizardking13

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't use any kind of protector on mine and I've had it for a little more than a month. No scratches, dings, or anything else like that. it's made pretty well for some plastic.

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my G2 about 2 feet, it landed on the corner and spider-webbed the entire corner. It also caused the top 1/3rd of my digitizer to quit working. I would like to know where you found an OEM screen, and digitizer for only $27? That's crazy cheap from what I've been seeing. Also, to anyone that thinks they can use this phone without a case, I highly would not recommend it. You can get away without a screen protector, but invest in a case.

Just the glass and digi on ebay... for $27 i unfortunately shattered the LCD while removing the original glass and had to order the LCD now too.....

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Just the glass and digi on ebay... for $27 i unfortunately shattered the LCD while removing the original glass and had to order the LCD now too.....

Link for the glass and digi? My LCD survived as far as I can tell, but the glass and digitizer definitely did not.

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Link for the glass and digi? My LCD survived as far as I can tell, but the glass and digitizer definitely did not.

Be very careful removing the broken glass, heat the hell out of it with a heat gun and take your time. The LCD is much more delicate and the adhesive is far stronger than my buddy's S3 which I repaired using the same method only a few weeks ago.

Sprint Verizon LG G2 LS980 VS980 Digitizer Touch Screen Panel Lens Glass Rev 1 0 | eBay - Digitizer & Glass from a very responsive seller he was able to handle my paid upgrade to shipping on US LG G2 D800 D801 D802 D803 D805 LS980 VS980 LCD Screen Display Repair Part | eBay without any problem same day it was being shipped.

Peckiro

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have had my G2 since last Thanksgiving. It has held up quite well and appears new (if I take the case off). The first thing I did was research a good case and screen saver. I went with a Ballistic case and a Zagg screen protector. I bought both on sale. The case MSRP was $35 and the screen saver $20. I found the case on sale for $15 and the screen protector was half off during a sale at Zagg.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Be very careful removing the broken glass, heat the hell out of it with a heat gun and take your time. The LCD is much more delicate and the adhesive is far stronger than my buddy's S3 which I repaired using the same method only a few weeks ago.

Sprint Verizon LG G2 LS980 VS980 Digitizer Touch Screen Panel Lens Glass Rev 1 0 | eBay - Digitizer & Glass from a very responsive seller he was able to handle my paid upgrade to shipping on US LG G2 D800 D801 D802 D803 D805 LS980 VS980 LCD Screen Display Repair Part | eBay without any problem same day it was being shipped.

Thanks for the links, and the heads up. :)

CFR0628

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
All is good here for the most part. Occasionally when I get an incoming call it fails to accept my command to answer the call. But this is still one of the best phones I've had.

I have no screen protector and no scratches. Also, I have the Otterbox, which saved my phone when accidentally dropped from about sternum height - I'm only 5'7'. I hate that I paid such an inflated price at sprint for it but my phone was unharmed so Ill call it even.

Posted via Android Central App. Sprint LG G2. Phoenix, AZ

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Screen protector on mine and I still experienced an issue.

The left top part of the screen has turned yellow right down the side. Going to get it repaired under warranty but I'm not looking forward to using my Palm Pre from 2009 while it's out being fixed.

Posted via Android Central App