Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing!

Default Must... be... strong...

Loving my NexusS4G. But I am nearing the end of my 30 days on the 7th, and the urge to swap up to an EVO4G is killing me, if for no other reason than I love getting to play with a new toy! I don't have the signal problems, so I have no real reason to be unhappy here.

Give me some moral support! Talk me into staying! lol
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA

Default Re: Must... be... strong...

Unless you really want sense, I see no reason for an EVO over your Nexus.

Plain Android and battery life, nuff said.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Everyone I know roots their Evo and puts on CM7. If your not a rooter: Nexus S 4g all the way. If you are a rooter... Nexus S 4g all the way.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Returned my EVO 3D today, replaced it with my second Nexus S4g. This one has perfect reception so far! Love the simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by srfeiny View Post
    Returned my EVO 3D today, replaced it with my second Nexus S4g. This one has perfect reception so far! Love the simplicity.
    May I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
    Loving my NexusS4G. But I am nearing the end of my 30 days on the 7th, and the urge to swap up to an EVO4G is killing me, if for no other reason than I love getting to play with a new toy! I don't have the signal problems, so I have no real reason to be unhappy here.

Give me some moral support! Talk me into staying! lol
    Yeah, I am struggling with this decision too (before my 30 day return expires).

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Did not like the size, weight or sense. 3d was ok. Could not see the screen in sunlight.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srfeiny View Post
    Did not like the size, weight or sense. 3d was ok. Could not see the screen in sunlight.
    I'm use to the 4 inch screen but I really wish it was bigger. I wouldn't mind a 4.5 inch device. And I like a little weight to my device. The new sense looks cool but I'd rather be vanilla. And you could get a vanilla rom for the evo but I don't want to be bothered with that, lol.

Plus everything comes with 2.3.3 and not that I use it much... but why give up google talk video chat when it works so perfectly.

Remember when the Pontiac GTO was released again in around 2004? Looked great on paper. Huge engine, great heritage, the latest features for the time. Most dudes that couldnt wait to show off were drooling. Well, once people started taking a closer look, they could see that it was essentially a clunky-Grand Prix looking car with a GTO sticker on the side and features that didn't compensate enough. That's the Evo 3D. Incidentally, they discontinued the car a few years later.

Sense is bloated and unnecessary. The 3D is gimmicky. The screen literally looks like characters in a movie were cut out of paper in 2D, and placed a few inches closer. Bad. Don't forget some aspirin for the headache it'll give you too lol.

The Nexus is sexy, powerful, and lean.
    RamboDroid and wordweaver like this.
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Plus add to the fact that HTC makes poor quality phones. Imagine the problems the 3D is having right now. If you absolutely must get a different phone, stick with the NS4G or go for the Galaxy S2
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World

To be fair, the Evo 4g was a good phone. To the poster that noted, and described the 3d effect very well (pop-up 2D paper effect), yeah the 3d effect hurts - this may be a sign that it may, over enough time, be harmful to one's eyes.

I'm back on my second Nexus too! I went Nexus -> 3vo -> Nexus. And I can say I'm completely okay with this.

Sense, while pretty, is such a bloated pig that it was slower then my Nexus at times! The lock screen is admittedly pretty nice. But that's the only place where sense wins. I don't like the gradient effects they lay atop everything, the launcher is inefficient, and the widgets?! Sure, some are nice? But 18 different clocks?! Who needs that many? Keep it all online and let the end user choose.

And by that I mean vanilla Android. Unless you wish to install HTC Sense. I love my Nexus S 4G.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterb View Post
    Remember when the Pontiac GTO was released again in around 2004? Looked great on paper. Huge engine, great heritage, the latest features for the time. Most dudes that couldnt wait to show off were drooling. Well, once people started taking a closer look, they could see that it was essentially a clunky-Grand Prix looking car with a GTO sticker on the side and features that didn't compensate enough. That's the Evo 3D. Incidentally, they discontinued the car a few years later.

Sense is bloated and unnecessary. The 3D is gimmicky. The screen literally looks like characters in a movie were cut out of paper in 2D, and placed a few inches closer. Bad. Don't forget some aspirin for the headache it'll give you too lol.

Nuff said!!!!!!

Nice!

I have the evo 4g now and thinking about getting a NS4G so I can see what vanilla android is like.

Quote Originally Posted by imiller913 View Post
    I have the evo 4g now and thinking about getting a NS4G so I can see what vanilla android is like.
    Hmm, let us know if you switch.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by imiller913 View Post
    Don't forget rooting and roming options to get vanilla android on your evo.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Don't forget rooting and roming options to get vanilla android on your evo.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    I just made the swap to the NS4G lol
    List of my current addictions:
    NS4G - Unlocked Stock ROM + Matr1x-v4
    Evo 4g - GB Evo Deck
    Droid Charge - stock ROM

Remember when the Pontiac GTO...Looked great on paper.....Most dudes that couldn't wait to show off....was essentially a clunky-Grand Prix looking car with a GTO sticker on the side....
    best synopsis of gm's downfall, evva!!!
    pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Actually they discontinued Pontiac cars across the board.
    Last edited by cteneyck; 07-05-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by cteneyck View Post
    Actually they discontinued Pontiac cars across the board.
    The GTO was always intended to be a low volume vehicle and was only imported until new safety standards, that it wouldn't meet, came into effect.

Pontiac didn't cease to exist until 2010, 4 years after the GTO. Within that four year time plenty of other models were released, including the G8, which was another rear drive V8 vehicle imported from Holden.

I've checked out the 3D. . .
    To whomever was commenting on the screen. Some how, even though it is technically bigger, can't tell AT ALL!
    At which point superAMOLED wins by A LOT!
    As for quality. I have friends with the evo 4G and can't say the quality sucks. They haven't had any issues.
    3D is not worth it!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing!

Great comments all around guys. And if anyone cares, my 30 days ends tomorrow, and I'm still sportin the NS4G. Looking forward to the update! I got weak on Tuesday and actually walked into the Sprint store, but the one here is always packed and the crowd drove me off.

Glad to remain in the family. :-)
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA

Quote Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
    Great comments all around guys. And if anyone cares, my 30 days ends tomorrow, and I'm still sportin the NS4G. Looking forward to the update! I got weak on Tuesday and actually walked into the Sprint store, but the one here is always packed and the crowd drove me off.

Glad to remain in the family. :-)
    I have both, and the original Evo 4G is superior in almost every aspect. Especially battery life! I included a graphic of my usual battery life on the Evo. My Sprint Nexus struggles to get through HALF a day. The Evo's browser is also miles better - you can zoom in on almost anything. Fonts are larger and easier to read. Speaker is louder.
    Nexus has a bit more contract in the screen, which is nice, but the Evo's larger and wider screen means the Evo is easier to read anyway.
    Connections (WIFI and 3g/4g) are more consistent and faster on the Evo. Etc.
    The only thing I find superior on the Nexus is the weight.
    (if "pure Google" is what you are after, you can download many ROMS for the Evo which give you just that.)

Just my 2 cents after having the Nexus for a month and owning several Evos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Must... be... strong...-evo-mikg-screenshot.png  
    Last edited by ronnienyc; 07-10-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast