Rooting after Gingerbread update

stanlb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Most people are getting great battery life. I am always the exception to the rule. The phone completed a complete charge at 4:58 A.M. and at about 2:30 P.M. it went from 45% down to 19%. I wish I would not have upgraded the phone to gingerbread. It was rooted with gingerbreak before the upgrade. I am getting programs such as the browser just lock up and you have to do a force close to get it to work. I had no problems with this phone before the upgrade. I guess I am just lucky. Love that update!

Is there a gingerbreak root out yet? Any suggestions on how to root I am in desperate need of a battery calibration I guess.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I want to say there is a good way to do it on xdev but requires a lot more work and does not have the one click root. I am still looking into it to make sure it can not brick my phone with a future update which is where my consern is because I fully expect this phone to get ice-cream

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly this still works, may pop up with an error in the middle but keep going.....according to this:

How To: Motorola Atrix 4G Root - BriefMobile
how to root OTA 2.3.4 Gingerbread 4.5.91 - Page 3 - xda-developers
[HOWTO] Root any Atrix after .sbf flash - Page 3 - xda-developers
AT YOUR OWN RISK! I have not tried, just passing along info...

I have not tried b/c I have unlocked bootloader so I can just flash a zip in recovery to attain root. If that is how you want to go follow instruction in root/hack section of forums, I put links there already.