Infuse's SAmoled plus vs Atrix's qHD

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I went to the ATT store today to take a look at the infuse... I really liked the design of the phone and the way it feels in hand. Also it is incredibly light, I'd say much lighter than my Atrix. The display was the main reason I wanted to see the phone... So I'd like to share my impressions: The screen colors are vidid and crips. much better than on qHD display... but I found the screen to be somewhat darker than the Atrix even when i brought the brightness all the way up it still was darker. It seems to me that lighter colors especially white appear to be brighter on qHD but dark/black colors look better/deeper on SAmoled plus... I also compared both displays pixel density and noticed that pixels are still visible withing 20-15 centimeters. I actually find pixel density on Atrix to be better than on infuse... The viewing angles are just about the same on both phones... I'll be checking a few other ATT stores to play more with SAmoled plus maybe its just me being used to qHD display on my Atrix I dunno...
Now I have to mention one thing though the phone they had on display was showing red on the battery indicator and eventhough it was connected to the charger it didnt seem to be charging so I am not sure if the phone was defective or not but when I started playing with it like navigating the menues and opening apps etc. It lagged... then I tried to open the androidcentral.com on the browser and I found an interesting thing that I didnt like at all... it opens pages a little slower than the Atrix but it has that wierd chessboard effect when you scroll through the pages. it was very annoying... I've never seen that on my phone... Do any of you who own infuse have this happening on your phone?
Anyway I was not planning to get infuse at all I just wanted to see the display. because I am really digging the galaxy s II. I really like the samsung's UI It is much easier to use than Motoblur. So I'll be looking forward to get a chance to play with galaxy s II. I dunno really why that phone on display was laggy. I liked its design very much although the screen size a bit too large for my taste. Anyway just wanted to share my thoughts.
what do you guys/girls think about displays on these two phones and overall performance...
thanks!

sdfzhsd

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I too went to an att store and I found the samoled plus to be better for viewing images but atrix won in watching videos from youtube, for example.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the mini review. glad to know. i'll probably stop by my at&t store and check it out myself.

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Without even seeing the Infuse, I would say that blacks and shadowy areas are definitely not one of the Atrix displays strong suits. So, it wouldn't be hard to beat the Atrix, in that respect.

As for the speed of screen re-draw from scrolling web pages, The Infuse is only single core, and coupled with the larger numbers of pixels which have to be addressed with each image change, perhaps the deligation of duty between the graphics processor and the cpu are not optimal. Perhaps that can ultimately be addressed by a software update, perhaps not....

Having come from a HP/Palm Pre, the "checkerboard" screen effect, during page scrolling, is VERY familiar to me!

Not trying to knock the Infuse, by any means....

jefferson9

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
samoled is a screen technology, qHD is a resolution

the atrix screen technology is LCD, its always going to be brighter, samoled screens are oversaturated which is why colors look "better"

the atrix has a higher pixel density too

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Having owned the the Atrix and now owning the Infuse there like night and day differences. And I already knew it would be because I purchased the Captivate the day it came out and was blown away by the screen. The Infuse just Capitalizes on the Captivates Screen. Hence the "+". qHD on the Atrix was sweet dont get me wrong, but nothing near or as crisp as Super Amoled.

Now the checkerboard design on the background is irritating at times. Im not sure whats different because Ive noticed this type of browser also with different phones. Like for instance, if you push the settings while in the browser and click "Windows" on the Atrix, It shows the names of the pages you have up in like bars and you can choose which one to go to. Now on the Infuse when you go to settings in the browser and hit "windows", it atually pops up windows that you can scroll back and forth through to pick the page your on. I just think its the way the browser is. I cant really say Samsung has a thing with doing it like that because I do remember seeing it on other phones. Maybe different versions of Webkit. Not sure. Either way, bigger is better. And once a page fully loads and you dont try to pinch to zoom it, you wont see that checkerd area. You only see that when you try to move or pinch to zoom before the page is fully done loading.

The Infuse's 1.2Gz Processor is not as on point and as quick as the Atrix's Dual Core, but its close to it. And not really a noticible differene. The Main difference I felt was relief. Cause I can play with the Infuse for awhile and the Processor doesnt burn my hand up like the Atrix did.

rickwood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting to see many people complaining about how hot their Atrix gets. It must be a QC thing. My Atrix generally only gets mildly warm -- never anywhere near warm enough to consider uncomfortable or annoying. The hottest I've ever seen it was after using the navigation, streaming Pandora, and charging it simultaneously for several hours. But even then it wasn't too hot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa