Just received message AT&T is providing free update. Is Froyo coming?

jojomoulder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I got it as well but nothing to be had. They sent me three yesterday. They stated that there will be an update soon. But no word when, or wat for. I use a custom rom with 2.2 already so no big deal for me. If you want 2.2 try out cognition.

G.murph

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the same text a few days ago. About a month ago I got a similar text, getting the update they were referring to 4-6 days later (it was just upgrading to eclair.ucjh7). No idea what the update is, but it's been 4 days so I expect the update sometime this weekend/early next week.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you get it OTA QUOTE=Terrigno;428736]I never got the update message from AT&T but I did just recieve Froyo from them. Is that normal?

lol[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I decided to play around with my phone last night. I had the leaked Froyo, and I flashed back to stock. I checked for updates, and nothing.

On whim, I decided to try Cognition. I flashed 2.4.1, and I'm never EVER going back! This is seriously how this phone was meant to be. Its much faster, more organized, and so much more customizable. I love everything about it.

wlj777

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else just get the message who also already has the GPS update?

I keep getting that message, but I thought it was because I never took the update. MY PC Internet tab under USB Settings remains alive and well. Can't wait to see what else AT&T will disable with 2.2. I'm wondering if I could even take 2.2 without taking that lame update. :mad::p

W

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Seriously folks - when IS Froyo coming?

This was supposed to happen months ago. I guess the hold up is Samsung because I read today that the Dell Streak is getting it soon.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Samsung never promised anything except that the international Galaxy S should see it in September, which was delayed until November. It is now rolling out for them. They stated the rest of the Galaxy S line would see it before the end of the year. This is not one phone on one carrier like the EVO, this is multiple phones, with different configurations on 4-5 U.S. carriers. The first leaked version was fairly clean, with everything working (tethering) like the international version had. I assume that this was the baseline that the carriers received so they could "add" their functionality to it. The second leaked version had tethering disabled (or the capability for ATT to know you were tethering was added, however you want to look at it). It apparently was hacked together. I am running it now with Cognition and it works OK, but I like the first leaked version better.

Yes it is taking longer than most had hoped, but it is coming...

AndroidFTFW

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i havent received one yet...im running leaked 2.2 anyways so not to big of a deal...excited to see if there are any more changes though...only time will tell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38