Gnote problems that bug you the most.

twospirits

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
As others have mentioned my main issue is getting used to the power button placement.

The following issues are fixable at one point in the near future.
NFC not enabled
Not on Sprint
Not enough S-Pen apps
No ICS

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with screen viewabilty in sunlight? In bright daylight I can barely see the screen and have to shield it to even just see enough to make a phone call. Since I'm still trying it out I have my Verizon Droid 2 and have no problems viewing the screen in bright daylight. I'm unfortunately going to be returning the phone and hoping they eventually do a Droid 5.

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not even close. Every time I see an app disabled by AT&T so they charge for a "service" it ticks me off.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you using auto brightness in your settings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Had it with auto brightness off at just a tad past half way. With auto brightness it tended to make the screen look less dim than my Droid 2 indoors. But, I did also try turning auto back on and same thing, too hard to view in daylight. I think it's the AMOLED screen honestly. I've seen a lot of people complain about them in daylight, though interestingly I have no problem with the amoled screen on my Cowon S9 MP3 player.

Rev.

iPhone4Rocks!

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with screen viewabilty in sunlight? In bright daylight I can barely see the screen and have to shield it to even just see enough to make a phone call. Since I'm still trying it out I have my Verizon Droid 2 and have no problems viewing the screen in bright daylight. I'm unfortunately going to be returning the phone and hoping they eventually do a Droid 5.
Personally when I'm outside, I just put the brightness to 100% and when I get back indoors, back to 50%. Doesn't seem to kill the battery also so I guess that works for me.

Pretty much its a perfect phone to me. Maybe a new notification light would be cool, the power button being on top instead on the side. But I've been using the phone for just a week so I'll see, so far I've ironed out all of the kinks (what default apps to use for internet, texting and other things).

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Had it with auto brightness off at just a tad past half way. With auto brightness it tended to make the screen look less dim than my Droid 2 indoors. But, I did also try turning auto back on and same thing, too hard to view in daylight. I think it's the AMOLED screen honestly. I've seen a lot of people complain about them in daylight, though interestingly I have no problem with the amoled screen on my Cowon S9 MP3 player.

Rev.

Ha, weird. I have loved how easy it is to view my screen in sunlight on the Note! My Evo was terrible in sunlight, but with this phone I can see everything, and at minimal brightness. Maybe you have a screen protector on that is making it harder?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Any of you folks check out the walk through with the new GS3? Looks amazing, but it appears that Verizon is getting it first and it may not be until DEC... Ugh! Regardless, the screen is only a half inch smaller than the Note and there are some very advanced features and accessories for it as well.. But again, I think Sammy is making a huge mistake by not making it available in the US much sooner..Meantime, you can be sure the next iPhone will be a real challenge, though we all know you cannot customize their OS like an Andriod :)

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I checked it out and while it's a nice phone, I'm very happy with my new Note. There's no feature that makes me want to give this phone up. In 2 years when I get a new phone, I'm hoping they are still making screens over 4.8". Not sure I can go under that after having this phone. My Galaxy S seems so tiny now.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I checked it out and while it's a nice phone, I'm very happy with my new Note. There's no feature that makes me want to give this phone up. In 2 years when I get a new phone, I'm hoping they are still making screens over 4.8". Not sure I can go under that after having this phone. My Galaxy S seems so tiny now.

Ditto! For my usage needs, unless a device has a minimum 5.3 inch screen, I wouldn't give it any serious consideration.

It's interesting reading about all these new smartphones lately, but without the screensize to make it an all in one device I will be using my G-Note until at least the Note 2 hits the market.

To get back on topic: what bugs me about my Note? I'd say, no reasonably priced unlimited data package on At&t to allow me to use it unhindered.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Love my Note, but occasionally I have settings change without reason. I could live with those but I do have one huge gripe. I dearly love using the S Memo. I would pay for a way to get rid of the search button on the lower right hand edge. I constantly hit that with my hand if I try to write a memo in portrait mode. I contacted Samsung, no way to disable. For me, it's the only thing that keeps the Note from being absolutely perfect.

utupelo

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I like to take videos at shows and the sound recording is awful. Just sounds like white noise when I listen later. My buddy's iPhone did a much better job of rejecting crowd noise.

Other than that this is absolutely my favorite phone ever.

kjic13

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My first post on this forum and I'm here to complain about my phone. Please don't judge me!!

Coming from BB I would have preferred the power button and volume rocker to be swapped sides but I can live with it. I'm getting used to the placement of these buttons now. As was mentioned, the screen in sunlight is horrible for me, even with autobrightness on. Maybe that's pandemic within the touchscreen environment... I don't know. I task-kill apps the moment I'm done using them and I still can't make it through 10-12 hours of use. I have a few updating apps in the background (weather, FB, etc) but with hourly updates I don't expect them to murder my battery that quickly. I miss my LED notification but NoLED helps a bit. The back speaker is too quiet for my taste too.

Oh, and this is probably on all Android devices but I wouldn't know - this is my first and I've only had it three weeks, but I wish every language was available on every keyboard. Samsung's swipe-on-the-spacebar-to-switch-languages thing is genius! I want that on SwiftKey and to have all languages rather than separate keyboards for each. It's a bit frustrating having to switch languages like that.

Beyond all those gripes above, and they are minor, I LOVE my Note and wouldn't trade it for anything right now... except maybe a faster, more powerful upgrade in the future. ^^

jonholmes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
-No notification LED
-The power button is a serious pain!
-NFC is not enabled
-Unable to set email reminder and/or add it to the calendar
-Social hub sucks as a universal inbox

kungros

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You canr fix the brightness issues by going to menu/display/auto adjust screen power, turn of the auto adjust screen power off. you should be fine.
Good luck.:cool:

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Under display turn off auto adjust screen power. you should be fine.
good luck.

I had done that already, still was poor visibility outside on a bright sunny day, it's a factor of most AMOLED screens unfortunately. I returned it anyway this past Friday.

Rev.

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
keyboards suck
no notification light
power button across from volume buttons is a pain
camera could be faster

still love my note