Samsung Galaxy S3 stuck SAFE MODE

Samsung99

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Note 3 that the volume down that did not work after the phone was placed in 1 cm of water on the left side of the phone. After I dried everything up the phone was working I thought. But the volume down still didn't work. After restarting the phone was stuck in safe mode no matter what I did. I hit the volyme button on the edge of a table a couple of times and then the volyme down started to work again and after rebooting everything is fine now and no safe mode.

JonniJi

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Powering the Unit Off - and then holding the Up Volume while powering the unit back on worked for me to clear the Safe Mode..

VOKLST

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I picked this up from another forum....just turn power off. Then push power button and volume 'up' button at the same time, until the phone starts up again.
Safe mode is gone, and all your apps are back (at least this worked for me....hope it does for you, too).

YES YES YES thank you Joan my this worked got everything back!
I had NO WATER ISSUES. It did duplicate my pictures & had to resign into email boxes.
Noticed I was upgraded to 4.4.2 version of Samsung Note 3.
All cuz battery died.....
yeah I go thru cords like crazy.
Note 3 has weirdo 2 piece connected input or I can use regular micro jack.
I have 3 Westies so cords are yanked on alot at phone or plug end...
cords are cheap at Amazon & work great!
Thanks again Joan!

Last edited:

Jason Newberry

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
for me it wouldnt work.. but i tried it while pressing down instead of up and it worked. sometimes my phone turns down by itself. i think that is what is causing it to go into safe mode.

cesneris

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, so i "seemed" to have the same issue as most of you. volume down didn't work sometimes randomly going off by itself then after i reset safe mode activated and i could not turn it off. Tried all the tricks many other forums and suggested pages all failed. So i decided to do what some of you have done. Open it up exam motherboard and possible faulty wiring etc... I noticed the antenna board had some mild residue on it I de-attached it before attempting anything else turned it on without the antenna plugged in. Turned it back on and it worked! Cleaned the antena board with some rubbing alcohol and and q-tips put it all back together and it DID NOT WORK! Confused i reopened it and thats when i realized the first time i also had unhooked the speaker/headphone piece that covers the antenna board. I removed the speaker/headphone piece and turned it on again. Worked perfect once again! I inspected the piece for several minutes until i had the thought possibly water got into the headphone jack itself and was corroded on the inside where i could not see. Finally! A few toothpicks/q-tips and some rubbing alcohol with some patience cleaning and drying it out (after i cleaned as well as i could i let it sit for 20 mins) put it back together turned it on and worked perfectly. Reset it 10 times to verify it was fixed and still no problems! I assume the entire problem was in the headphone jack but in case it was multiple issues i included all that i did. You could easily text the headphone jack theory without opening your phone any more then to remove the battery. I hope this was helpful and solved this incredibly frustrating issue for everyone else!

Soleoe, you are the man! It was exactly the same situation with my chinese phone Doogee DG450. I droped it during the rainstorm for a ~2 minutes, until I found. At first it looked like it's working, but later this problem occured. My Volume Down button didn't work and after restart phone was turned into "Factory Mode" full of chinese text. And when I pressed Volume Up, it was started continuously going down through the list. I opened this part where antenna is and cleaned it with vodka (yea, I know, I didn't have anything better :D ). And now it works fine! Just one little problem... during the antenna "plate" opening process I accidentally broke wire which connects these both parts... So be careful. ;) Once again, thanks a lot!

Phillip Ramsey

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
OK so this may have worked for me as well but im not sure i was haveing the same problem on tuesday i droped my phone is some nice hot frothy [remove] the S5 active i have was supposed the be resistant to water damage in up to 3 feet of water but we wont get into that i removed the phone for my toilet as fast as possible (breif pause when i relized what i was sticking my hand in) :confused: well i figured the acid in my urine was gonna be more hamefull than the liquid its self so i got a towel covered it in saki and proceeded to dry it off (saki is not the prefered method) well when i start up my phone its starts haveing a fit looks like the touch screen is seeing like 800 fingers on screen at once takeing screenshots like a mad man wrap it in a paper towel and stick it in a jar of rice (also probably not a great plan) 2 hours later i power it back up and the sreen and buttons are not going off but it is saing no sim and in safemode wensday i take it to atnt and they give me a new sim card but cant fix the safemode problem so then i start checking here and a few other sites try everything except takeing the phone apart (i may have trying to make my phone go on an asian diet but i know my limits) well i get fed up with out and throw the phone on the couch and go to bed next day it was dead so i put it on a charge but didn't power it up i get home from work start it up normal and no safemode well im super excited now not sure if it was me throwing the phone and maybe it landed on the couch the right way the make the down buttom stop makeing my life living hell or if it was the fact the o let the phone run out of charge completely but good luck to everyone :-\

Last edited by a moderator:

marcelop87

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys!!

Just solved the stuck on Safe Mode and non working volume down. I have a Galaxy Note 2.
My problem was exactly the volume down button. I hit it some times and a little bit harder until he started to work again. Restarted the phone and the Safe Mode is gone.
Hope it can help any of you.

Good luck!

Ventsislav Petrov

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Originally Posted by Soleoe
Hi, so i "seemed" to have the same issue as most of you. volume down didn't work sometimes randomly going off by itself then after i reset safe mode activated and i could not turn it off. Tried all the tricks many other forums and suggested pages all failed. So i decided to do what some of you have done. Open it up exam motherboard and possible faulty wiring etc... I noticed the antenna board had some mild residue on it I de-attached it before attempting anything else turned it on without the antenna plugged in. Turned it back on and it worked! Cleaned the antena board with some rubbing alcohol and and q-tips put it all back together and it DID NOT WORK! Confused i reopened it and thats when i realized the first time i also had unhooked the speaker/headphone piece that covers the antenna board. I removed the speaker/headphone piece and turned it on again. Worked perfect once again! I inspected the piece for several minutes until i had the thought possibly water got into the headphone jack itself and was corroded on the inside where i could not see. Finally! A few toothpicks/q-tips and some rubbing alcohol with some patience cleaning and drying it out (after i cleaned as well as i could i let it sit for 20 mins) put it back together turned it on and worked perfectly. Reset it 10 times to verify it was fixed and still no problems! I assume the entire problem was in the headphone jack but in case it was multiple issues i included all that i did. You could easily text the headphone jack theory without opening your phone any more then to remove the battery. I hope this was helpful and solved this incredibly frustrating issue for everyone else!

Hey Man,
It really works
I had the same problem

I would like to buy you a drink, but do not know how to do it ;)

Johnny Kock

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I pressed the volume down with a piece of hard plastic on it not to hard and then the volume down started to work and after I turned the phone off and started againg and safe mode was gone. You don't have to knock it on the corner of a table, just press hard on it wit the back of a pencil it would do.

Adam Chornesky

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for your tip about getting Samsung Galaxy S3 out of safe mode! Instead of stressing for three days like the other respondent, I got your answer in minutes and solved the problem!

If you have a protective case, try removing it first. In my instance, I moved the case around on the phone until the volume rocker was free to move. That might work also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paula Lowney

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!! Did work for me I 've tried everything and nothing so I think if the volume down doesn't work you have to bang the thing out until works and power on and off. the volume still a bit crazy but I am moving the button up and down to clean a bit. I am very happy :D

Tracy Mac

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
That worked for me. Took a couple of times but I am patient and like to learn new things. Since it was a new(ish) phone for my son, he won't have to deal with sage mode being on. Thanks. It was very helpful.:D

Rachel Gaiser

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if this has been said but after trying every suggestion it hit me like a ton of bricks. After restarting 50 plus time and still booting in safe mode I tried to boot it in the OS screen noticed it wouldn't select up or down and there it was my problem, my volume down button was pushed down. Pried it out enough to make sure it still worked and bam no more safe mode. Thanks for all the suggestions and hope I can help someone else.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helaheather7