Anyone dislike their S3?

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
After all the hype and waiting impatiently, is there anyone who received it and just flat out don't like it? Sound off. Love mine FYI

Sent from my Galaxy S3

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've used more Android phones than a normal person would use in 10 lifetimes and the Galaxy S III is by the most intuitive phone. Everything is so fluid it actually gives the iPhone a solid run for its money.

Only small complaint is the plastic back.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The purpley home buttons and sides are kinda iffy for me and touchwiz is really looking dated with some of their fonts and menu borders, but that's about it. I was very shocked at how thin the phone is. It's basically the same thickness as my International GS2 when sitting on the desk. Getting used to the size is going to take a little time, but other than that it is sweet.

I have noticed that the whites on my GS2 seem a bit truer and it's also a bit brighter, but that could easily be the tweaks from CM9 versus the actual display. the one thing from TW that I am really liking though is the calendar. It just seems much cleaner and better laid out than the stock ICS one.

So yeah I am liking mine, but I could definitely understand a few quirks that could turn people off.

Reactions: brackett5

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Agree on the calendar, very easy to read and nice layout. The motion features are very cool. Best phone I've owned (5 total including iPhone).

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've used more Android phones than a normal person would use in 10 lifetimes and the Galaxy S III is by the most intuitive phone. Everything is so fluid it actually gives the iPhone a solid run for its money.

Only small complaint is the plastic back.

Looking at some of the reviews for the GS3, I don't see that the 4S is even in the same league as the GS3. As far as any iPhone offering the GS3 a run for its money, that will come when the New iPhone is released. Until then, the GS3 really doesn't have any competition, IMO.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Based upon what I have seen so far and coming from a BB9810, on the whole, the GS3 has been great. Smart Stay needs to work on the home screens and Tap to Top needs to work in the Gmail app. TouchWiz is so great and much better than what I saw and experienced with the HOX.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Looking at some of the reviews for the GS3, I don't see that the 4S is even in the same league as the GS3. As far as any iPhone offering the GS3 a run for its money, that will come when the New iPhone is released. Until then, the GS3 really doesn't have any competition, IMO.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

You really think so? Apple never ads anything to their phones and people just keep buying them. Don't forget not everyone tries out different phones or reads forums like us. If anyone is going to touch apple they need mass advertising to brainwash people like apple has...unfortunately I can't wait to try the G3!!

Sent using Tapatalk

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine within a day of owning it : (

Dislike is too strong a word, i loved it, but i never should have even gotten it, i was warned, being a Galaxy Note owner, there really is no way to "downsize", no matter how great the device, theres just, "no going back".... So here i will sit for 6 more moths patiently waiting for a Note II, and hope its as ramped up as the SGS III.

I couldnt find one bad thing to say about the device, smooth as silk experience, but it felt smaller than even my Samsung Infuse, never mind feeling half the size of my G-Note....

i had the Htc one X, and in my opin, the SGSIII beats it by a country mile : )

BTC

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Dislike is too strong a word, i loved it, but i never should have even gotten it, i was warned, being a Galaxy Note owner, there really is no way to "downsize", no matter how great the device, theres just, "no going back".... So here i will sit for 6 more moths patiently waiting for a Note II, and hope its as ramped up as the SGS III.

I couldnt find one bad thing to say about the device, smooth as silk experience, but it felt smaller than even my Samsung Infuse, never mind feeling half the size of my G-Note....

BTC

Wow...

Well to each there own! I saw the note the other day and its just way to big for me! BUT I am glad you found a phone that you like! When the Note2 comes out you will have a fun time with it!

Good luck with it! :)

Reactions: BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Really don't like the screen at all, but the phone is great overall. Keeping the One X as my daily driver, but the S3 will be my phone for whenever I go out of town for the storage.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've recently owned the HOX and just received this phone. The screen on the HOX may be a tad better, but I believe the TouchWiz interface in actually cleaner. Especially when looking at the running apps. I prefer the ability to scroll up and down through them versus having them as "cards". Besides, the SGS III actually multitasks.

I mean the SGS III has the SD Card, removable battery, and 2 GB of RAM. I think Samsung did a good job.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Really don't like the screen at all, but the phone is great overall. Keeping the One X as my daily driver, but the S3 will be my phone for whenever I go out of town for the storage.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

What do you not like about the screen? Does it just look bad compared to your OneX.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

BTC
LOL! 4 phones ago I owned the iPhone 4s. Each screen since got bigger and bigger. If I pick up a 4s today, it looks tiny to me. As Phil says, you can get used to any size phone.

That's actually good that you posted though. I will try my best to never go over 4.8" now! :p

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow...

Well to each there own! I saw the note the other day and its just way to big for me! BUT I am glad you found a phone that you like! When the Note2 comes out you will have a fun time with it!

Good luck with it! :)

When I saw the Note for the first time, I was thinking, wow, that thing ain't fitting in these skinny jeans. Way too big for my liking. Hopefully the GS3 won't be too big and can easily fit into the pocket of my jeans.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an HOX and much prefer the GS3. It's not perfect but I really do like it so far.

I do agree with others that the plastic and the purple-ish color isn't the greatest.

TouchWiz isn't that bad. I like some of it and other parts of it, I think, look dated as well.

I actually like having the settings option built-in. That bugged me on the HOX. When I was typing, I'd hit the space bar and accidentally hit the three button bar on screen.

Coming from the HOX, I like that screen a bit more. Mainly cause the colors were lighter. The colors on the GS3 seem really rich compared to the HOX. But, if I hadn't used the HOX prior, it would probably not be a big deal at all.

Really, I think I'm nit picking at this point. It's a really good device. Being the Apple geek I am, I was thinking I'd pick up the iPhone 5 when it came out but I don't know now. Might be passing on it this time around.

Reactions: lpt2569

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL! 4 phones ago I owned the iPhone 4s. Each screen since got bigger and bigger. If I pick up a 4s today, it looks tiny to me. As Phil says, you can get used to any size phone.

That's actually good that you posted though. I will try my best to never go over 4.8" now! :p

lol do your very best or one day you might be looking down at a 24 inch shaking ur head saying, "nope, too small"...

all3.jpg

And btw, i was pleasantly surprised despite what soany video reviewers said, having personally examined every inch of that device, it does NOT have a cheap build quality on SGS iii. From the brushed chrome on sides to the embossed raised chrome SAMSUNG letters to the perfectly fitting back, to the slightly raised glass on entire front, not one creak or flex and the chrome lined front button accents, that phone was extremely well made. (sob, i miss her already.... :'( lol

BTC

Last edited:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
What do you not like about the screen? Does it just look bad compared to your OneX.

It doesn't look bad at all really, just the One X looks noticeably better. I can defo see the pixels more than on my one X and when I've taken pictures, it is so much more saturated than reality, when I load them on my PC they don't look right. And I'm afraid to keep the screen at max brightness, as when I sent Samsung an email about the screen burn in, they literally told me to keep the screen at a lower brightness to avoid burn in. Just seems crazy having your phone at proper brightness brings a risk of permant damage. So that why imma avoid using it as a daily driver. I totally understand if you need multitasking, pick the S3 if you don't wanna go the Rom route. My One X has CM9 so both the phones multitask just as well.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

BTC

I also have a Galaxy Note and have since it launched Internationally and then got the ATT model when it launched. I love that phone! That said, I love this SGSIII as well! It seems to be the perfect size. I had forgotten how nice it is to do things one handed or to slide a phone into your pocket and not carry it on your belt in a holster. The SIII is just too smooth and fluid not to keep! I really like it and as a everyday driver for a phone I could see this being a better device. I love speaking on the phone with it. It also has the S memo app so I can jot notes down as I do on my GNote.

I do plan on keeping my Galaxy Note, I am just too attached to it. I plan to switch out periodically and will carry my GNote with me when I travel for wifi since the bigger screen is better for browsing, email and netflix etc. I feel like I have two great choices!

Reactions: guinnkevinr

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I want to 100% keep it over my One X. I dont know why im so hung up on it's slightly better camera. Nothing else is better about it (other then the car dock for SGS3 is horrid)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I want to 100% keep it over my One X. I dont know why im so hung up on it's slightly better camera. Nothing else is better about it (other then the car dock for SGS3 is horrid)

not disagreeing with u but i had the One X, awesome phone but i hated its limitations on battery and storage so i returned it. most nicest phone ever tho...

my question is, did you enable all the motion features and other goodies gsgiii had? i definitely found it superior "under the hood" but liked the looks of HOX much better...

BTC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress