AT&T Galaxy SIII 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Bonzo62

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Did the update this morning. All is well so far. Just one question. I keep getting a notification in the notification bar asking to allow access to my Google account for many many apps and processes. 99% of which I have no idea what they are. Do I accept this? Anyone else have this pop up?

Posted via Android Central App

Motosport3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So I rebooted my S3. Immediately after I started FoxFi and it was able to have my hotspot be active for a minute or so and then eventually the system killed the hotspot and popped up the call ATT msg.

Foxfi will need to find a workaround as they've definitely added some ongoing detection of the hotspot being active now with this upgrade.

walkah21

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Missed the announcement last night... As of 11:16AM (Arizona) the update is dragging azz over wifi. Wondering if they are getting hammered at the moment. Anyone else having lag on getting down OTA?

I've been downloading for 45 minutes and am only at 11% at my work w/ wifi speeds of 30Mbps

I would also like to know if anyone has noticed if this removes root? I'm rooted running stock TW.
thanks

Last edited:

phessler

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I updated mine this morning and my battery is draining big time. The upload/ download arrows are on continuously. It seems to be better when i stop exchange services. Any thoughts?

I figured out what was wrong. The update added a duplicate exchange account in my email for my corporate email box. I guess the two of them were working hard for updates. I deleted both accounts and set up a new one and my battery usage is back to normal.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
OK, here's something weird: I mostly like the new Application Manager - its a little easier to navigate and turn things off. But after turning off "Internet" (I use Chrome), there is no way to turn it back on. The "turn on" button just stays dim and unresponsive. This has not happened to other apps I have turned off.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering like some others if this update kills root? Can anyone elaborate as to whether or not it does? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

walkah21

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I wonder then if the save root feature in supersu would be able to save it. hmmmm.

I guess I'll let you know whenever my update gets done. I'm only at 54% after 1.5 hours. I guess lots of others are using the AT&T servers right now. I'll have to leave my phone at work for a few hours. I'll update later

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

After the update I was able to download the Galaxy Gear Manager app. Time to go get a Galaxy Gear Smartwatch now!

UPDATE: Google Hangouts force stops every time I start it now. :(

Hangouts was doing that to me BEFORE I updated. I have "turned off" both Hangouts and Google+ they were both crashing before I updated. Shame I liked Google+

Motosport3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Both Hangouts and Google+ work fine for me. In fact Hangouts is much "faster" as there is less keyboard lag compared to before the update.

Perhaps you should reinstall rather than turn off.

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Like the update but can someone tell me how to disable the texts from showing up on my lock screen? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

sommerface

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My update just stopped, and it won't start again. I'm guessing I have to wait until tomorrow to try again. Is there a place or file on my phone that I can restart the update.

I'm seeing if I can update via Kies.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
My screens have frozen a few times when rotating. Had to soft reboot to unfreeze phone. Starting to get a little worried. Any suggestions? Thanks

USCTrojan4JC

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I kept both 1.95.4 and 2.13.1 installed. Does the app crash? Although i haven't tested it thoroughly to see if my "unlock" is working so there is no bandwidth limit, but at minimum it actually activates.

All the other portable hotspot apps just bring you to the hotspot toggle screen which asks you to contact ATT.

I'll update if I hear back from FoxFi.

I get what Mojoski posted in post #56.

mikecref

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Like the update but can someone tell me how to disable the texts from showing up on my lock screen? Thanks.

I would like to know if this is possible as well. That is the only thing I do not like so far. Otherwise it seems faster and battery life have been good.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Less than average battery life for me.... I kept getting the picture download message that everyone has been talking about, cleared out my download area and have been good ever since.