AT&T Galaxy SIII 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

ThreeofNine

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Would someone please let me know if it's possible to disable all the AT&T bloatware after this update, without root? Thank you in advance.

I haven't tried it yet but in Settings> More> Application manager> then select an app - there is an option for some of the AT&T apps to "Turn off" the app. I'm not sure if it actually disables the app or does anything else. Good Luck!

Chowderhead72

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Downloaded 4.3 (mj9) Monday and so far my foxfi is dead, S translator opens but won't translate. Hoping to be able to root soon, no tethering sucks. Oops this is for s3. S Translate is on S4. My bad. Foxfi and tethering is still dead however.

Motosport3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Upgraded last night.

Had the notification issue and cleared downloads and that went away.

Phone is a lot faster. Less lag on keyboard.

Flash thing was there and disabled that.

Foxfi is crashing though!

Also swipe lock is removed now.

Getting old calender reminders as well.

Last edited:

tplace 1976

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Missed the announcement last night... As of 11:16AM (Arizona) the update is dragging azz over wifi. Wondering if they are getting hammered at the moment. Anyone else having lag on getting down OTA?

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Foxfi is crashing though!

That really sucks.. It seems to have killed my FoxFi as well.. I knew I shouldn't have trusted AT&T to give me an update.. Grr!

If anyone knows a way to get around this without having to root, let me know. I can't root because this is a work phone and Mobile Iron won't work if rooted.. :p

drewsammie

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Looks good...I had the downloads re-generated over and over like others and my battery was draining..I'm hoping clearing them takes care of the battery as well.

Motosport3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

That really sucks.. It seems to have killed my FoxFi as well.. I knew I shouldn't have trusted AT&T to give me an update.. Grr!

If anyone knows a way to get around this without having to root, let me know. I can't root because this is a work phone and Mobile Iron won't work if rooted.. :p

I downloaded Foxfi from play store (the one that specifies sprint/AT&T) and it is a newer build of 2.13.1 compared to 1.95.4 (which was working prior to the upgrade) and it seems to work now. I paid $7.95 for the full version.

I haven't been able to test that my bandwidth restriction thing built into free version isn't restricting but at least the hotspot becomes active.

I emailed FoxFi and hopefully hear back.

I also tried the other wifi hotspots and most just shortcut you to the default hotspot setting which makes you contact ATT.

USCTrojan4JC

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I had to uninstall and re-install 10-12 apps, including Chrome, Firefox, Skype and more, because they weren't working properly after the update.

Also, my FoxFi isn't working anymore.

jays99

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been living in 4.1.2 land for a while and one of the things I've heard about in newer Android versions is Photosphere. Is this available for AT&T GSIII or is it only for Nexus phones?

USCTrojan4JC

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded Foxfi from play store (the one that specifies sprint/AT&T) and it is a newer build of 2.13.1 compared to 1.95.4 (which was working prior to the upgrade) and it seems to work now. I paid $7.95 for the full version.

I uninstalled 1.95.4 and installed 2.13.1. I used my old 1.95.4 key to "unlock" 2.13.1. But it's still not working for me.

asics10

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Does this update install the new version of google maps?

I use maps all the time and hate the new version and am currently still using the old version, which I dont want to lose.

Sorry I should have clarified. I am still using old Maps 6.12.0. The new version of maps are 7.something.
If you were on old maps and now on new maps you'd definitely notice a difference. The new maps layout, design, colors, etc.. are all different, and for me it is much worse.

Motosport3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I uninstalled 1.95.4 and installed 2.13.1. I used my old 1.95.4 key to "unlock" 2.13.1. But it's still not working for me.

I kept both 1.95.4 and 2.13.1 installed. Does the app crash? Although i haven't tested it thoroughly to see if my "unlock" is working so there is no bandwidth limit, but at minimum it actually activates.

All the other portable hotspot apps just bring you to the hotspot toggle screen which asks you to contact ATT.

I'll update if I hear back from FoxFi.

Tdc02

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

On the lock screen settings, you need to have Multiple widgets checked. Swipe the clock on the lock screen and then you should see the + to add a widget. Then you can add Dashclock and then move it to your main lockscreen page. It took me a little bit to figure it out.

Mlett, Thanks. I figure it out. I can't have a PIN lock on my phone. I had to have it set as Swipe only to get the lock screen widget to work that came with 4.3

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Are you sure it is working? This version is also just giving me the notice about contacting AT&T about enabling tethering plans...

u8y5azu4.jpg

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

phessler

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I updated mine this morning and my battery is draining big time. The upload/ download arrows are on continuously. It seems to be better when i stop exchange services. Any thoughts?

Motosport3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Are you sure it is working? This version is also just giving me the notice about contacting AT&T about enabling tethering plans...

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

Dammit. I guess not. It was working initially. You could see the wifi icon in a blue box up top. But now when I just tried it the block is on and it temporarily is active and then will hit the contact ATT message.

The only change I notice is that my FoxFi is able to see the key at the bottom and says its unlocked now. Before when it was working, it was still showing a status of checking if i was unlocked.

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, any know how to downgrade? Is it possible? FoxFi support is pretty important for me. And yes, I know I should have waited.. I would gladly pay for tethering, but the corporate account my phone is on won't support it, for some reason, and I can't root because we use MobileIron. I'm screwed.. Anyone know of how to manually downgrade with Kies or something like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

contesttwits

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So, I've been living in 4.1.2 land for a while and one of the things I've heard about in newer Android versions is Photosphere. Is this available for AT&T GSIII or is it only for Nexus phones?

I had installed the 4.3 Camera w/ photosphere prior to updating to 4.3 from 4.1.2, so I don't think it was included in this recent update. I think the 4.3 update only added voice control to the stock camera app, which looks exactly the same as back on 4.1.2. I had gotten it from the XDA forums as a normal apk install - no root needed - which also installed the 4.3 gallery: here