AT&T Note 3: Black Screen - No response

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So my wife and I bought 2 brand new Note 3's on April 2. Well yesterday both phones screens went blank right in the middle of using them. Both phones would not respond to wake up pressing the home button, or the sleep/screen on button. The only way we got the phone to respond was to hold the sleep/screen on button for 10 seconds and got the phone to hard reset! Does or has anyone come across this problem, or has seen it also? Is it a bug in kitkat 4.4.2, or just ATT. I'm totally lost!!!!. The phones seem to be OK now, but I have no idea why both crashed like that! Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Black Screen No response

I will admit that "both" phones doing this is WEIRD! But at the same time, it almost seems like there would be an app that both of you use, that "could" be causing your issue. If this happens again, then try to remember if there were any apps that you both downloaded, and stop them....see if the problems persists.

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

Ive had this happen occasionally since the 4.4.2 update, my phone will respind with vibration or beeping but the screen will not come back on without a hard reset.

Posted via Android Central App

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I am having the same problem. I've had different apps freeze up the phone. One error said that the touchwiz home screen failed. I am on 4.4.2 on have only seen this problem the last 5 days. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same problem. I've had different apps freeze up the phone. One error said that the touchwiz home screen failed. I am on 4.4.2 on have only seen this problem the last 5 days. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Have you installed any apps in the last 5 days? If so, turn them off in application manager and see if the problem persists.

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Haven't installed any new apps. Facebook, Twitter and the gallery have had problems. Only Facebook has just been updated. Thanks for replying..

Posted via Android Central App

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen about 3 times too, especially after the Kit Kat update. I always thought it was a app or program I was using that got "hung up"...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress