Charging/powering down issues.

luketub

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

My S4 stopped charging a few days ago. I left the charger in for about a day and it ended up charging and had probably 3-4 successful charges after that. It has just stopped charging again and will not stay off. It powers down but immediately turns back on.

If this is a problem with the USB, it is covered by the AT&T year warranty. However, I am nervous if it is due to some unknown damage due to water or a fall they wont send the phone back to me so I can replace the USB myself. I've been trying to get an answer from AT&T with no success. I am very tempted to replace it but I'd rather not void the warranty if I don't have to.

thanks for suggestions err'body

Luke T

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has the moister indicator on the battery changed color? Have you dropped it? If your USB port has went bad and it's not you're fault, then I don't see why it wouldn't covered under warranty, but that 1 year warranty is most likely from Samsung instead of AT&T. Carriers usually only offer insurance plans. Speaking of which...do you have the insurance on it?

luketub

May 1, 2013
Visit site
i have dropped it once with a good case. The battery strip is still white. There has been very mild exposure to fluids but it was awhile ago and nothing near submersion.

I have insurance but it only offers a discounted repurchase price. It sucks because its either a $15 fix and a loss of warranty or the possibility that samsung takes it from me after I send it to them because they find some sort of evidence of damage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non