Random Reboots, Occasional Bootloops, Battery Meter Issues

bammmmm

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Infuse for just a couple months past a year. So my factory warranty is out.

For the past few weeks I've been experiencing a lot of random reboots on my phone. It would happen during a call or even when the phone is just sitting on the table. To get out of the bootloops upon restart I would give it a bit of a smack against my palm and it would usually do the trick. After a while the palm smack didn't do anything and my phone was stuck in an infinite boot loop. I did some research and found out it was a stuck power button on the mobo. So I brought the phone in for repair to an independent shop and they did just that...they also tried to exaggerate the fix of replacing the button to charge me more, insisting the phone was water damaged even though neither of the two indicators were red.

A day after I got the phone back for the power button issue, the phone is having the same problems, actually worse. The random reboots happen more frequently. Also when I finally got it restarted yesterday, the battery meter read next to empty and the phone would shut off after a single call. Then I couldn't turn on the phone for quite a while. I thought this was actually because the battery was dead, but then a couple hours later I was able to start the phone up and the meter showed 60% charge.

This phone has become ridiculously unreliable in the past few weeks and I'm not in a position to purchase another phone. I mean, this phone retailed for $500-600 originally, you'd expect it to last more than a year...at least until the 3 year commitment is over, right?

Any ideas? Everything is stock. The only applications installed are WhatsApp, Viber, and Cut the Rope.

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe flashing a ROM would help stop it? I get some random reboots too but not that often and no crazy battery drains and I'm running 4.2.1

bammmmm

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I will look into that. Where can I get instructions to flash it with Jelly Bean. Does my phone have to be unlocked to do this?

Maybe flashing a ROM would help stop it? I get some random reboots too but not that often and no crazy battery drains and I'm running 4.2.1