Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Cliff Edmonds
  • 1 Post By mhinc
  • 1 Post By saslover
  • 1 Post By Karoline Mello
  • 1 Post By gangrule
  • 1 Post By alenggiam
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rigger9788's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    I bought 2 - S4's 1 for me and one for my wife, mine was already unlocked , but hers is not as they wer both telus phones, I cannot send pictures with text, but hers is not unlocked and she can send me text and pictures attached??? My just sits there with the blue swirl spinning forever? Any ideas? I have already got a trouble ticket set up from telus, and I was on the phone twice with 2 different tech's that could not solve the problem.

    I have turned mobile data on and off
    I have rebooted the phone several times
    I can send texts
    I can receive texts from others with pictures attached

    Kinda at a loss
  2. #2  
    friedtators's Avatar

    Posts
    835 Posts
    Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    i would suspect the mms settings in the apn. two phones one works. were these brand new phones? if not then it is likely that could be the issue. if they are new it could be sim card. they can also push the setting to the apn. mms is the picture messaging
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    rigger9788's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Both phones are new, one was opened and unlocked the other( my wife's was sealed) an I have the unlock code but have not unlocked it yet, since it works fine . I have gone into my apn and I noticed that the girl at the telus store either input it or it sync'd already.

    Apn - sp.telus.com
    Mmsc- not set
    Mms proxy - 74.49.0.18
    Mms port- 80
    Apn type - default.mms.supl

    This is what they are set at. Going to call telus yet again!

    Spoke to telus for 30 min, tech walked me thru all the apn settings and several had to be adjusted , he tells me that sometimes it is the manor in which the phones are unlocked that these items will not sometimes auto populate.....problem solved I can now send pictures with my text.g
  4. #4  
    Cliff Edmonds's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    I was having the same problem with my S4 on Verizon US. I disabled the Power Saving mode and it then worked fine.
  5. #5  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    1,523 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,785 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Quote Originally Posted by rigger9788 View Post
    Both phones are new, one was opened and unlocked the other( my wife's was sealed) an I have the unlock code but have not unlocked it yet, since it works fine . I have gone into my apn and I noticed that the girl at the telus store either input it or it sync'd already.

    Apn - sp.telus.com
    Mmsc- not set
    Mms proxy - 74.49.0.18
    Mms port- 80
    Apn type - default.mms.supl

    This is what they are set at. Going to call telus yet again!

    Spoke to telus for 30 min, tech walked me thru all the apn settings and several had to be adjusted , he tells me that sometimes it is the manor in which the phones are unlocked that these items will not sometimes auto populate.....problem solved I can now send pictures with my text.g
    Could you possibly post the UPDATED APN settings that were tweaked by the Telus agent you spoke to?
    Ashley Persico likes this.
  6. #6  
    Wendy Dunn's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    if I take it back to the Verizon store can they fix that I'm having the same issue?
  7. #7  
    Wendy Dunn's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Can the Verizon store fix that?
  8. #8  
    saslover's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    I never turn my phone off so I find if it comes to where I cant send pics I jst reboot my phone, turn it completely off and bring it back up and it will send pics jst fine. I can also turn WIFI off and it will send pics. I dont have this problem all the time but when I do, that is how I remedy it.
  9. #9  
    Ashley Persico's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Hi ive been having the same issue could you possibly tell me exactly what they had told you to change your apn settings to? mine are not set and that is probably my issue..
  10. #10  
    Karoline Mello's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Thank you for the advice for turning off the power saving mode. Worked great!
  11. #11  
    gangrule's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    I've been through this issue for months now. I finally had it solved today from talking with telus support.

    Here is a screenshot of my TELUS SP settings on my S4, type SGH-I337M running Android 4.2.2

    The key field for me was clearing the text in the APN type, make sure that field is blank.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-02 17.23.37.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	375.5 KB 
ID:	89878

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-02 17.24.03.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	385.5 KB 
ID:	89879
    mhinc likes this.
  12. #12  
    alenggiam's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Had the same problem. I tried what was suggested, turning off the power savers then restart. After that I was able to download the text sent. Thanks for your help. Don't know what I'll do without smart people like you guys.
  13. #13  
    Tracey Teper's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Just recently switched to consumer cellular and I can also receive picture messages but I can't send them. I was just on phone for at least an hour with tech...after him saying he's done all he can that I won't be able to send pics....somebody help me....I also have a LG that does the same thing
  14. #14  
    lealaken's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    I had this problem on my Galaxy S4 with two different carriers and I was on the phone more times than I can remember trying to fix it....but I finally found someone who was able to fix the problem. This is what fixed mine: Remove the battery WHILE THE PHONE IS STILL ON, leave it out for about 5 minutes, and replace the battery. Turn the phone back on and then try sending a MMS pic message to YOURSELF. Just send the pic message to your own phone number. Once it sends successfully (hopefully it will) try sending to others. This worked for me and I really hope it helps someone else. This issue frustrated me for well over a year. And if it starts messing up again, just do this again. Another VERY IMPORTANT thing to know: If you are using a lower cost cell network (anything other than the big guys like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) you HAVE to turn off WiFi in order to send pic MMS messages!!!! And of course, make sure your mobile data is turned on.
  15. #15  
    TwitchyPuppy's Avatar

    Posts
    476 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,565 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Quote Originally Posted by lealaken View Post
    I had this problem on my Galaxy S4 with two different carriers and I was on the phone more times than I can remember trying to fix it....but I finally found someone who was able to fix the problem. This is what fixed mine: Remove the battery WHILE THE PHONE IS STILL ON, leave it out for about 5 minutes, and replace the battery. Turn the phone back on and then try sending a MMS pic message to YOURSELF. Just send the pic message to your own phone number. Once it sends successfully (hopefully it will) try sending to others. This worked for me and I really hope it helps someone else. This issue frustrated me for well over a year. And if it starts messing up again, just do this again. Another VERY IMPORTANT thing to know: If you are using a lower cost cell network (anything other than the big guys like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) you HAVE to turn off WiFi in order to send pic MMS messages!!!! And of course, make sure your mobile data is turned on.
    As long mobile data is turned on, wifi does not prevent MMS sending nor receiving
  16. #16  
    Amanda Cavanaugh's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Thank you for suggesting I take out the battery with the phone on, then reinsert it 5 minutes later. It worked! Now I can send messages with photos again. YAY!
  17. #17  
    Molson3's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Quote Originally Posted by rigger9788 View Post
    I bought 2 - S4's 1 for me and one for my wife, mine was already unlocked , but hers is not as they wer both telus phones, I cannot send pictures with text, but hers is not unlocked and she can send me text and pictures attached??? My just sits there with the blue swirl spinning forever? Any ideas? I have already got a trouble ticket set up from telus, and I was on the phone twice with 2 different tech's that could not solve the problem.

    I have turned mobile data on and off
    I have rebooted the phone several times
    I can send texts
    I can receive texts from others with pictures attached

    Kinda at a loss
  18. #18  
    Molson3's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

    Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer. Pull battery, go into developer options and so on are a few solutions I've read.
    Turns out its sooo simple, yet we've all spent hours researching. The answer is to empty out your texts that really mean nothing to you. When it gets close to its maximum storage it simply gives you something else to try and figure out. You'd think in today's world it would just tell you to empty it wouldn't you? Good luck from a rookie!

Similar Threads

  1. Can't send pictures through text!
    By ghostchasingfool in forum Boost Mobile Prevail
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 10:03 PM
  2. can't send picture with text message.
    By David R. Branine in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 09:40 AM
  3. Can't download pictures with text messages.
    By Margaret Juhl in forum Market Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 05:43 PM
  4. Help! I can't send Picture messages thru my phone
    By Danika Visnaw-gavina in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 06:05 PM
  5. Can't send picture messages from my inc to the iphone?
    By glacierfanclub in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 01:08 AM

Posting Permissions