4.0.4 update freezes

andyjg13

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus keeps hanging during the 4.0.4 update. The update downloads and then I select the restart and install option, but it just hangs on the "Google" startup screen. I've let it sit for as long as an hour before pulling the battery and trying again. It's done this several times now. Has anyone else had this problem?

I stopped by the Verizon store and they seemed unaware of the problem. They recommended that I wait a few days and see if it resolves itself.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus keeps hanging during the 4.0.4 update. The update downloads and then I select the restart and install option, but it just hangs on the "Google" startup screen. I've let it sit for as long as an hour before pulling the battery and trying again. It's done this several times now. Has anyone else had this problem?

I stopped by the Verizon store and they seemed unaware of the problem. They recommended that I wait a few days and see if it resolves itself.

What are they smoking @ Verizon :banghead: I don't see how software is just going to see an issue and fix it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

scottandtisha

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Same exact thing happened to me. I ended up rooting and going to AOKP rather than try to install the OTA update again (I tried it three times). Definitely the best advice I got was to download and use Wug's Toolkit.

1 - I manually backed up everything in my phone
I used the toolkit to ...
2 - download System Variables and Drivers
3 - Backup Apps and Data
4 - root and unlock the bootloader
Then I ...
5 - made a backup using ClockworkMod (CAN)
6 - downloaded and flashed AOKP Milestone 5
7 - downloaded and flashed new radios
8 - made another backup
9 - used Wug's Toolkit to Restore Apps and Data

I don't think I left anything out. My next step will be using Franco's kernel.

Very happy with the result. Good Luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

andyjg13

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't even perform a master reset on my phone without getting the same freeze at startup. Verizon is overnighting me a replacement.

Justin Graf

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is not a provider issue, is it an issue with the phone. I have exhausted all resources in searching for a solution to this, but to no avail. This phone has been a disappointment to me in all aspects, and I regret purchasing it. Getting a system update message every 5 minutes is now my fate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao