A new case for the Incredible.

Aces and 8s

May 18, 2010
Visit site
New to me anyways.

I have a buddy who is a freelance photographer, one of his gigs is for an accessory company that mainly does business on Amazon. He required my assistance (my phone), told me he needed it for a shoot and fitting of a new case the company was going to carry so that he could make ads for their store on Amazon. Best deal out of it is I got to keep the case.

Overall I like it, its a plastic case with either leather or "pleather" (lol) wrap.

Very sturdy and clips on and stays tight. Holes are perfect and it ads an added thickness to the phone that IMHO makes the phone feel better in the hands.

Only beef is it is not the prettiest thing to look at, haha, and it can be a bit hard typing if you get close to the edge.

He told me they would be going on sale soon, not sure of pricing, figured I would share with the community though.

+1 for his sweet pics, he is a bad ass photog.

large_hawk-incredible-frnt-bk.jpg

large_hawk-incredible-flat.jpg

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks kind of flimsy to me, like it was thrown together in china for $.25. Never been a fan of the snap together cases. Guess it's just not my flavor.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
snap cases tend to pop off when dropped. I would question the level of protection if that cant stay snapped together.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to purchase this case yesterday on Amazon but then noticed that it was a snap together case, I don't care for them. Last time I used one on another phone it caused more problems than anything. I like the silicone ones where you can just slip it on and off like a glove.

toptobottom

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Verizon/Amzer black silicone case all the way.

This hard case extends way too high and over the screen. It has an overall bulky appearance. I saw a post where someone complained about having a harder time depressing the power/volume buttons. These will become major entry points for lint & grit to enter under the case.

The Verizon case is sealed in both those areas which offers great protection and actually helps to work the individual button controls.

venture996

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The case popping open may very well be by design. One form of protecting small electronics is to disapate the energy in a drop situation by allowing the battery door to come off and the battery to pop off. Short of weight reduction, this is a major device saver. So allowing the case to break apart would be along the same line.

I had a Seidio case on my BB, and when dropped both the case would pop open and the battery would pop out. Many drops later it was still working.

Anyone that has removed the batteyr cover on an Incredible knows that it doesn't come off easily, but the case popping open would offer some protection. Just a thought.

Aces and 8s

May 18, 2010
Visit site
To each all there own. I'm not a fan of snap cases either. Like previously stated though its snaps together well and stays on tight. I had a small drop with it only once since I put it on. Didn't come off, ok sure with a larger drop it would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy