AC NEWS is a spam bot

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
By that definition, then every post you don't want to read or see that happens on the forums is spam to you.

Nope. I created an account on the forums to see and discuss posts made in the forums with other active members. I didn't sign up to read blogs masquerading as a click bait forum post. I hope you understand the difference.

The same system has been use on iMore looooooong before the buyout. Same with Windows Central and CrackBerry when that was owned by Mobile Nations. It was always a part of the former Mobile Nations forums but never turned on for Android Central.

Well I never signed up or used those other sites, so what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Though now I'm curious if members on those sites have the same disdain for the Android spam blogs they get, and if members across all sites would vote for or against the practice if given the chance.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I created an account on the forums to see and discuss posts made in the forums with other active members. I didn't sign up to read blogs masquerading as a click bait forum post. I hope you understand the difference.

Well I never signed up or used those other sites, so what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Though now I'm curious if members on those sites have the same disdain for the Android spam blogs they get, and if members across all sites would vote for or against the practice if given the chance.
We can go back and forth on it all day, but the core facts remain:
  • I don't control what Editorial writes. They will from time to time write articles you don't agree with or want to see, just like any other site.
  • The system is the same across many of the Future owned forums, Tom's Hardware for example makes great use of it. (and several other non-Future owned forums use similar function)
  • The system is a core component to how comments on the blog work (If you leave a comment on the forum post, it appears on the blogs) and we're actively working to improve that system to make it better.
  • We're aware Tapatalk and the AC forums app don't follow the ignore rules, but we can't fix that. Only Tapatalk can and hopefully it will be addressed in an update from them.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's basically what I said at the start... but with more sarcasm lol.

Their house, their rules. I AM going to continue to complain, though
I just reread your post. No wonder that popped into my head.

Now I'm guilty of plagiarism. 😞
I should know better, no posting before coffee.

Sorry... So I submit a +1 to your post.
😄

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just reread your post. No wonder that popped into my head.

Now I'm guilty of plagiarism.
I should know better, no posting before coffee.

Sorry... So I submit a +1 to your post.
That's not necessary, I was just saying we were on the same page. It's probably hard to read between my natural snark, but I only actually mean it maliciously about 15-20% of the time

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
That's not necessary, I was just saying we were on the same page. It's probably hard to read between my natural snark, but I only actually mean it maliciously about 15-20% of the time
I really enjoy your posts. They make me smile while I usually learn something.

What's life without a little snark here & there.
😆😉

I am just embarrassed 😳 . I should have been paying a bit more attention. Good lesson for me.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoy your posts. They make me smile while I usually learn something.

What's life without a little snark here & there.

I am just embarrassed . I should have been paying a bit more attention. Good lesson for me.
Just put it down to great minds thinking alike haha!
I'm in agreement with both of you here. I hope I'm also part of the club.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Companies, Developers, & Service Providers - We encourage all companies, developer and service providers to engage in our forums.
However, we kindly ask that in addition to posting links to any products or services you offer, you support these threads by answering questions, giving updates, and providing timely advise when appropriate.
Long story short - engage with the members in our forums!
^ from the rules page

For thee, not me

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I was looking for the Apple section of the forum... I wanted a post how happy I was that I received my new phone today but I couldn't find it for some reason... So I figured this is a nice place to post up...
ef2e57f122a7862a94f70dd875cacaf5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali