Always On Displaying Not Moving As Much After Update

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Always On Display No Longer Moving After the latest update from Samsung.

I just think you have a way better chance of Screen Burn In with the AOD acting this way than before when it was moving all over the screen.

If screen burn-in occurred due to this, it would also occur due to many other activities - for example, if you're playing chess regularly with standard time controls, then your screen would be doomed.

I'd be very surprised if we even hear one report of screen burn-in due to the AOD not jumping down to the bottom of the screen often enough.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

It probably isn't super necessary, but if the constant jumping around distracts or bothers you, I would be sure to update it. Go into the Galaxy Apps store app (in the Samsung folder, if you didn't move it from how your phone came) and in the menu is the option to see your apps from that store - it will be in that list and give you the option to update it.

Thank you

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

Is there a way to uninstall the most recent update? Like others, I feel this places the screen at a greater risk of burn in than before.

No matter if it's unlikely with latest version, I'd rather know the image moves completely away from where it was with each interval. Pixels staying light for much longer makes no sense.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Is there a way to uninstall the most recent update? Like others, I feel this places the screen at a greater risk of burn in than before.

No matter if it's unlikely with latest version, I'd rather know the image moves completely away from where it was with each interval. Pixels staying light for much longer makes no sense.

I've turned mine off until they update it again.

jerzypro

May 13, 2016
Visit site

I agree...I think it moving more would cause less chance of burning the screen. I feel it sitting in one spot, even with one pixel change every minute, or the minute change, is not enough movement. Honestly, I don't even think mine moves at all now, besides the time change. Also, every time I put my phone into lock mode, the image is in the same spot, not in a different spot as someone else advised. i wish they would put it back to normal. :confused:

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Here's a thought. There should be an option to control the amount and/or timing of the AOD movement so that people who want major jumps in the display movement can have it and those who prefer the display to move without distraction can have it their way. Maybe even also provide a user setting for adjusting the brightness of the AOD. Hello, Samsung? Please start work on this enhancement. :cool:

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

Did anyone else notice that there is no longer a text notification showing on the always on display anymore either after this update....Ivused Yo see the missed call or text notification icon... Now nothing... Just blinking light....

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I agree...I think it moving more would cause less chance of burning the screen. I feel it sitting in one spot, even with one pixel change every minute, or the minute change, is not enough movement.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Screen burn in is a well understood issue and Samsung has a lot of expertise/experience in screen design. I can't believe the hardware engineers, who know much more about this than I do, would not have thought about such an obvious issue. I also have the Gear S2 watch, also uses an AOD with 1 pixel a minute shift. I've had it since Oct, always on during the day and there is zero burn-in.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Hi, wonder if a moderator can please merge these threads please:
[link removed from merge]

I think there are another one or two other threads on the same topic too, which could also be merged?

Good idea :). Done!

4lacrandall

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: New always on display update?

I think it only moves a few pixels at a time now so won't be noticeable. But over longer timescales it will move to a different part of the screen. It's much better like this as it jumping around could sometimes be distracting before

4lacrandall

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: New always on display update?

I think it only moves a few pixels at a time now so won't be noticeable. But over longer timescales it will move to a different part of the screen. It's much better like this as it jumping around could sometimes be distracting before

My auto on display was functioning normally before the August 2016 update. Now it won't dim in low light and doesn't move around the screen at all! Tried turning off and reboot, THEN turn on and reboot but no change. Not sure what went wrong!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174