Annoying ads/Pop up's

ddog511

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I also suggest DroidWall. Love that app. I get to control which apps get to have access to the internet via both WiFi and 3G/4G. Have to be rooted to use it tho.

Bill Hamilton

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I just started getting pop up ads on my HTC Droid DNA. They appear with as an email icon, but will not clear. Always directs me to some game on the play store. I did notice as it is redirecting it goes to a yeahmobi web page first. I do not usually download games and I have not downloaded any thing recently prior to this annoying "feature" Any suggestions as to how to turn this off?

Michael Matz1

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on my HTC One. What i figured out is if you go into settings you will see icons with bar graphs (green lines). I had two of them so I knew something was not right. I deleted them and all the popups stopped. I think they were called Apps. Now there is one Apps icon with green squares...do not delete that one. They may actually be in the Apps so if you don't find it under settings go to setting then into Apps. I did this a few months ago.

Last edited:

NCzerniak83

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
As mentioned above download the lookout mobile add detector and only use the play, amazon and Samsung app stores and you should be all good.

I wish. I have a similiar annoying popup coming from the bottom of my screen and it comes backwhen you hit "Cancel". It's saying "Recommended Apps for You:" and lists two Boom Beach-type games, so I deleted all games, but it's still there...and Lookout did nothing to fix it.

TechGolfer

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Goto your applications, downloaded - you will see a program called System - clear the cache, uninstall it, and the problem will go away. This program is spyware and adware.

E_Allen

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Call the service provider whoever they are & tell those [language redacted by Mod] to remove it from your phone or you going to change providers. It's some new b.s. they are allowing to make money. I had to have it done & no more ads. If it's not them it's something you downloaded. I say do a fact. Reset & be more careful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335