Any way to switch to regular Google Messages (not OneUI version)?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to install the original Google Messages on an ATT S22U phone? I'm not a huge fan of the OneUI version and also - this version locks you into using the ATT RCS backend (instead of the Jibe/Google backend) and therefore sets you back a few years into not being able to utlize RCS services except with other ATT users. So, I suddenly now cannot use RCS with most of my Android friends/family since they are not on ATT. I've tried installing the APK of the regular Google Messages but it won't install saying it's an invalid package. SIGH. There's a whole big hullabaloo on the ATT forums about this. Not holding my breath on ATT actually trying to fix this.

I am guessing using an unlocked version with ATT sim would not have this problem.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to install the original Google Messages on an ATT S22U phone? I'm not a huge fan of the OneUI version and also - this version locks you into using the ATT RCS backend (instead of the Jibe/Google backend) and therefore sets you back a few years into not being able to utlize RCS services except with other ATT users. So, I suddenly now cannot use RCS with most of my Android friends/family since they are not on ATT. I've tried installing the APK of the regular Google Messages but it won't install saying it's an invalid package. SIGH. There's a whole big hullabaloo on the ATT forums about this. Not holding my breath on ATT actually trying to fix this.

I am guessing using an unlocked version with ATT sim would not have this problem.
I've not been able too as well. Ugh.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm unlocked on AT&T and yeah RCS is Jibe/Google. But can't switch to stock Google Messages app. They only reason I don't like Samsung version of messages is the missing setting to translate iPhone emoji reactions.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'm on unlocked version Att Sim with Google/Samsung collaboration Google app and can't be Uninstall or disabled runs Google vibe, can try package disabled pro Alliance shield X and disable it then get Google messages from app mirror and try installing

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on unlocked version Att Sim with Google/Samsung collaboration Google app and can't be Uninstall or disabled runs Google vibe, can try package disabled pro Alliance shield X and disable it then get Google messages from app mirror and try installing

tell me you typed with one hand without telling me you typed with one hand. :)

I actually thought about this - however I wonder if it would work because when I try to install the Google Messages apk, it tells me the file is invalid, which makes me think it might still have an issue even with the package disabled. But it's worth trying. Which package disabler were you referring to? Alliance Shield X? There's a cost to that, right?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
tell me you typed with one hand without telling me you typed with one hand. :)

I actually thought about this - however I wonder if it would work because when I try to install the Google Messages apk, it tells me the file is invalid, which makes me think it might still have an issue even with the package disabled. But it's worth trying. Which package disabler were you referring to? Alliance Shield X? There's a cost to that, right?
Lol
Alliance shield X is free , try it see if it works

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What's more is that I am on Google Messages Beta program, and I won't get the Beta version of Google Messages on my S22U, but I get it on my ZF3 and S20U. I am stuck with the One UI version that has a gimped RCS.

Will look into Alliance Shield X! Can't hurt!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos