Anybody getting cold feet with their Note 10 order?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Add another loss....the Note 10 won't be compatible with the Gear VR....if you have a VR or even use it I haven't used my Gear VR in a while but it did have a really cool exercise app/game.
I have several different types of VR units including the Gear VR. It's a novelty for the most part.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have several different types of VR units including the Gear VR. It's a novelty for the most part.

I have 2 Gear VR that I got free with other Samsung phones. I never used either more than a few times. Just thought they weren't that great. I think I read Samsung is killing them either way.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Not missing the VR here, Had a few hardly used them.

I prefer the front FPS over the rear FPS. For my usage 90% of the time it is easier to unlock on a desk or in a dock. I do like the iris unlock on the Note 9 because it is usually unlocked by the time I bring the phone up.

On the S10 Plus the in display FPS worked great for me most of the time, so no problem for me.

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
The only thing I will be missing is the Iris Scanner. I actually used mine, but besides that none of the missing features are not a deal breaker for me 🤷🏾*♀️

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm good with my 2 Preorder Note 10 Plus, VR at least it won't effect me never used mines at all, So I'm good with the 2 S9 Plus i traded in for the 2 Note 10 Plus, will keep my Note9 512GB which I'm on since August of last year preorder.

tbbiggs

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
There's significant features lost from the Note 9 to the Note 10.

-Iris scanner
-haptic feedback home button
-Finger Gestures
-Rear fingerprint
-Headphone jack for some but not me
-Power button on the right
-Extra reprogrammable button (known to some as Bixby)

Iris scanner, no loss.
Home button, minor loss.
Finger gestures, no loss.
Rear fingerprint, huge upgrade.
Headphone jack, huge loss.
Power button now on the correct side, big upgrade.
Extra button, minor loss.

Meanwhile:
+Camera upgrade
+Screen upgrade
+3D scanner
+Microsoft integration
+Major battery upgrade
+Fast charging

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Plus, I think of it as something new that I'll learn to use. I was never a Samsung Dan until note 9. Tried the. S10+... And was in love. The note 10+ is a no brainier. Yeah.. That's 3 new Samsung flagships in less than 9 months. Loved them all. Next week will make 4

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Suddenly joining this thread, but solely due to color! Preordered Aura Glow. Since it's very mirrored I'm suddenly wondering if it'll be too distracting and/or throw light at people and be a pain. I video a lot, to include dogs and kids.

I paid basically no attention to it in person barely touched it or the black for five seconds each. (It was crowded and hot!) Suddenly dying to get my hands on it again. Maybe this year I need to go basic black or white. I'd go blue in a heartbeat but am not willing to buy it unlocked, sticking to AT&T.

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Plus, I think of it as something new that I'll learn to use. I was never a Samsung fan until note 9. Tried the. S10+... And was in love. The note 10+ is a no brainier. Yeah.. That's 3 new Samsung flagships in less than 9 months. Loved them all. Next week will make 4

Chris Williams8

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
If you have your full screen gestures turned on you can go to your recents apps, home screen and back by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

Instead of swiping up to show you the navigation bar you just swipe up and it goes to your recents, home screen and back without showing your the navigation bar.

There's significant features lost from the Note 9 to the Note 10.

-Iris scanner
-haptic feedback home button
-Finger Gestures
-Rear fingerprint
-Headphone jack for some but not me
-Power button on the right
-Extra reprogrammable button (known to some as Bixby)

These features make using such a big phone a lot easier and they will be missed if traded in for the Note 10.

I went to Best Buy and compared the Note 9 vs Note 10. Here is an example of the N9 being easier to use. When you have a YouTube video up to full screen, on the Note 9 you tap where the (haptic) home button is to get out of app and to the home screen. You can't do this on the Note 10. You have to swipe up and then hit the home button. This extra step on the Note 10 seems small but this is one of many examples of how the Note 9 is easier to use.

On the plus side for the Note 10, I was impressed with the camera especially the wide screen camera and how it and the other cameras are integrated to make it seem like you're using 1.

Seeing the Note 9 and Note 10 next to each other, it's not easy justifying paying $500 plus the Note 9 for a 10 especially when you're giving up several features.

Gonna think twice about giving up the 9 for the 10. I'll most likely get it but seeing the two next to each other the thought of cancelling my order does cross my mind.

View attachment 306459

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think I've read that Samsung has killed Gear VR for any of their new phones. Also, that screenprint is a bit misleading. No, not every Samsung phone would fit in Gear VR. They had to bring out a new Gear VR to accommodate the new phone. I ended up having 3 Gear VRs because of that. They have decided to not produce a new Gear VR for the Note 10.

Also, this whole scanning on the back, everyone hated it so much but obviously if it's named as a feature, people must have gotten used to it and liked it. Also Bixby button was only re-mappable and in a limited way late last year. It never bothered me, but I don't think a lot of people would consider that button a feature.

People will get used to these things too, I would think. I didn't hear that there is no hepatic feedback on the home button?

The bixby button has always been remappable ever since the S8 came out by downloading BxActions. With BxActions you were never limited and you could pretty much map it to do anything. I remapped it to Samsung Pay. I've earned about 70k points since the S8 came out which have been redeemed for a lot of good free stuff and I don't carry a wallet anymore because of Samsung Pay.

Rear fps is just simple to use because your finger is already always near the fps. It doubled as a gestures tool as well. There is no faster way to swipe up or down holding the phone normally with one hand than with the rear fps gestures. It will be missed. I asked people on the S10 forum about their opinions on rear placement vs front. Nearly all said rear placement is better. I understand not everybody uses the rear fps but not everybody uses all the technology on the phone. Not everybody uses Samsung Pay. There are people who don't use Bluetooth. Actually come to think of it my dad doesnt use Bluetooth. Not everybody takes advantage of all the technology on these phones. So when people say they don't use the rear fps they arent utilizing technology to the fullest. An example is the IR blaster years ago. Most people didn't use or even know how to use it so Samsung dumped it. Great feature though. R.I.P. rear fps. 😭

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just found out that my provider/carrier just launched 5G, it is in my area and included free in my current plan.
So now waiting for Samsung to confirm that I can get a 5G 512gb on my pre-order as it looks like only 4G 256gb version is coming here to begin with.
I'm not paying 1119.00 full price and no promotion stuff offered only to NOT get 5G when it is available for free, I'll rather have to cancel and reorder later

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I cancelled my pre-order. I have the S10+ and wanted the standard 10 for the more manageable size and the Exynos upgrade but honestly the normal S10 (with a similar battery) looks the better buy, cheaper, WQHD screen, SD card and a headphone jack.

Now if only I could get my hands on the cardinal red version!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Rear fps is just simple to use because your finger is already always near the fps. It doubled as a gestures tool as well. There is no faster way to swipe up or down holding the phone normally with one hand than with the rear fps gestures.

Holding phone one handed there's no more natural place as the thumb in the middle for the FPS. As far as the gesture function on the FPS on back, that was nice, but it didn't always work the first time. With good lock and other gesture apps available there's a easy, better way available for sliding the notification bar down and so much more.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The bixby button has always been remappable ever since the S8 came out by downloading BxActions. With BxActions you were never limited and you could pretty much map it to do anything. I remapped it to Samsung Pay. I've earned about 70k points since the S8 came out which have been redeemed for a lot of good free stuff and I don't carry a wallet anymore because of Samsung Pay.

Rear fps is just simple to use because your finger is already always near the fps. It doubled as a gestures tool as well. There is no faster way to swipe up or down holding the phone normally with one hand than with the rear fps gestures. It will be missed. I asked people on the S10 forum about their opinions on rear placement vs front. Nearly all said rear placement is better. I understand not everybody uses the rear fps but not everybody uses all the technology on the phone. Not everybody uses Samsung Pay. There are people who don't use Bluetooth. Actually come to think of it my dad doesnt use Bluetooth. Not everybody takes advantage of all the technology on these phones. So when people say they don't use the rear fps they arent utilizing technology to the fullest. An example is the IR blaster years ago. Most people didn't use or even know how to use it so Samsung dumped it. Great feature though. R.I.P. rear fps.

I am pretty sure I recall at some point in time Samsung updated the phone so that apps that remapped the Bixby button no longer worked. They did not want people remapping it at first. I remember this happening before they finally permitted it.

Also, when the FPS came out on the back with the S8, the vast majority hated it. They hated it on the back, and then they hated it not centered. People got used to it, as they will when it’s back on the front. The folks who have the S10 haven’t seen a front FPS at all or since the S7.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
@LuckiestLiz - not to worry - all phones are just a case/skin away from a new color -:cool:

True, that was ultimately my conclusion. Since I have gotten used to using clear cases, I peeked at d brand and decided if I truly hate the color it'll be skinned. I don't want to loose my spot in terms of possibly pushing back my preorder, and who knows - maybe I'll end up loving it.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
True, that was ultimately my conclusion. Since I have gotten used to using clear cases, I peeked at d brand and decided if I truly hate the color it'll be skinned. I don't want to loose my spot in terms of possibly pushing back my preorder, and who knows - maybe I'll end up loving it.

Messing with orders at this stage of the game is def not a good thing to do - smart choice.