Anybody getting cold feet with their Note 10 order?

stephenrus

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
There's significant features lost from the Note 9 to the Note 10.

-Iris scanner
-haptic feedback home button
-Finger Gestures
-Rear fingerprint
-Headphone jack for some but not me
-Power button on the right
-Extra reprogrammable button (known to some as Bixby)

These features make using such a big phone a lot easier and they will be missed if traded in for the Note 10.

I went to Best Buy and compared the Note 9 vs Note 10. Here is an example of the N9 being easier to use. When you have a YouTube video up to full screen, on the Note 9 you tap where the (haptic) home button is to get out of app and to the home screen. You can't do this on the Note 10. You have to swipe up and then hit the home button. This extra step on the Note 10 seems small but this is one of many examples of how the Note 9 is easier to use.

On the plus side for the Note 10, I was impressed with the camera especially the wide screen camera and how it and the other cameras are integrated to make it seem like you're using 1.

Seeing the Note 9 and Note 10 next to each other, it's not easy justifying paying $500 plus the Note 9 for a 10 especially when you're giving up several features.

Gonna think twice about giving up the 9 for the 10. I'll most likely get it but seeing the two next to each other the thought of cancelling my order does cross my mind.

View attachment 306459

Come from Samsung website, under Performance tab, scroll down to Security

"Galaxy Note10 authentication measures keep your device secure until you unlock with a touch or a glance, or with traditional PINs, patterns or passwords."

stephenrus

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
"Galaxy Note10 authentication measures keep your device secure until you unlock with a touch or a glance, or with traditional PINs, patterns or passwords."

It may talk about facial recognition. Sorry! :)

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The rear fingerprint reader is an excellent way to open the phone. It also controls functions on the display to make using the phone easier.

On my S9, I use the rear fingerprint sensor all the time to open my phone. It works great for swiping down notifications and swiping a 2nd time to pull down more details. Very useful function for me.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
There's significant features lost from the Note 9 to the Note 10.

-Iris scanner
-haptic feedback home button
-Finger Gestures
-Rear fingerprint
-Headphone jack for some but not me
-Power button on the right
-Extra reprogrammable button (known to some as Bixby)

These features make using such a big phone a lot easier and they will be missed if traded in for the Note 10.

I went to Best Buy and compared the Note 9 vs Note 10. Here is an example of the N9 being easier to use. When you have a YouTube video up to full screen, on the Note 9 you tap where the (haptic) home button is to get out of app and to the home screen. You can't do this on the Note 10. You have to swipe up and then hit the home button. This extra step on the Note 10 seems small but this is one of many examples of how the Note 9 is easier to use.

On the plus side for the Note 10, I was impressed with the camera especially the wide screen camera and how it and the other cameras are integrated to make it seem like you're using 1.

Seeing the Note 9 and Note 10 next to each other, it's not easy justifying paying $500 plus the Note 9 for a 10 especially when you're giving up several features.

Gonna think twice about giving up the 9 for the 10. I'll most likely get it but seeing the two next to each other the thought of cancelling my order does cross my mind.

View attachment 306459

So Best Buy has 10 and 10+ on display?
I want to see how the 10+ feels in my hand. Before I take the plunge. 😉

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I didn't think I would, but I'm legitimately weighing my options again after locking in my pre-order. The value is great with the $600 trade-in, but I do feel like I'm acting more on impulse for "the newest thing" and for aesthetics. Functionality-wise I'm weighing the pros and cons and it's definitely not as big of an upgrade as in years past, and the removal of headphone jack, Iris scanner, and fingerprint scanner gestures are things that I know I will actually miss. It's definitely not as easy a decision as in years past for me personally.

Last edited:

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Another posters pic from best buy. Tell me where is his thumb? Where is his index finger? There is a reason they put the rear fingerprint scanner on the back. Cause your index finger is already there. The default position of your thumb is not on the home button. There is also a reason why phone makers also made rfs into a gestures to control the display....because it's easier.

There is also a business reason to remove the rear fingerprint scanner...to reduce costa....that's the apple way but it's a lost feature to the consumer. Huawei may have both front and rear.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use gestures while an app is open to co trol the notifications. I'm sure there's a way but it's not from using the stock OS.

How did it feel in your hands. Easy to hold it with being wider and longer?
I'm hoping it's not to big for me. Lol

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I didn't think I would, but I'm legitimately weighing my options again after looking in my pre-order. The value is great with the $600 trade-in, but I do feel like I'm acting more on impulse for "the newest thing" and for aesthetics. Functionality-wise I'm weighing the pros and cons and it's definitely not as big of an upgrade as in years past, and the removal of headphone jack, Iris scanner, and fingerprint scanner gestures are things that I know I will actually miss. It's definitely not as easy a decision as in years past for me personally.

Rightly said. Even my note 8 is still performing like new except the battery life is really worse (I usually go with skinny cases and can't stand battery cases). I resisted from note 9 but could not now looking at 4300mah on a note. With trade-in, rakuten, and company discount am able to save around $450 + $200 Samsung discount because I preordered. Can't get better I guess. I will try to hold on to this for atleast 3 years. 😊

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You do realize that the Note 10+ is only .01 inch longer and .10 inch wider than your Note 8. That's a negligible difference in size.
Thank you! It's NOT bigger, I don't know where everyone keeps getting this idea from

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's been a feature baked into the UI for a while, don't need Nova for that

Settings > display > home screen > quick-open notification panel
Yeah I know, but Nova still has a lot of extras I want, and I'm used to Nova. It's nice, no matter what phone I'm using, the launcher is familiar to me.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! It's NOT bigger, I don't know where everyone keeps getting this idea from

You're measuring incorrectly. The bezel that was removed. The reach is about 1/4" further with the bezel removed and the notifications further up despite the phones being similar in size.

nndlb123

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Everyone wants to complain and be negative without actually knowing anything. You can swipe down anywhere on the screen to bring the notification panel down. You don't need to swipe from the top of the phone.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there any indication why? Is it too big for the Gear VR?

I think I've read that Samsung has killed Gear VR for any of their new phones. Also, that screenprint is a bit misleading. No, not every Samsung phone would fit in Gear VR. They had to bring out a new Gear VR to accommodate the new phone. I ended up having 3 Gear VRs because of that. They have decided to not produce a new Gear VR for the Note 10.

Also, this whole scanning on the back, everyone hated it so much but obviously if it's named as a feature, people must have gotten used to it and liked it. Also Bixby button was only re-mappable and in a limited way late last year. It never bothered me, but I don't think a lot of people would consider that button a feature.

People will get used to these things too, I would think. I didn't hear that there is no hepatic feedback on the home button?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, this whole scanning on the back, everyone hated it so much but obviously if it's named as a feature, people must have gotten used to it and liked it. Also Bixby button was only re-mappable and in a limited way late last year. It never bothered me, but I don't think a lot of people would consider that button a feature.

People will get used to these things too, I would think. I didn't hear that there is no hepatic feedback on the home button?

You are exactly right. When they first put the FPS on the back of the phones everyone complained about it. They said it was not natural, had to reach for it. Now, they say it was the natural way, the FPS should be on the back. The people will get used to this like you said. I love it on the front screen, I would have skipped the note 10 if it wasn't under the screen yet. Damn Samsung, they could have saved me money by putting it on the back.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Fps on the front is great for me. Missed that from my touch id days. Hated the fps on the back.

No haptic screen home button from what I hear. I know the s10/s10+ does not have it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter