Anybody NOT using screen protector?

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone not using one? How has the screen held up so far?
What do you use to clean it with? I used alcohol wipes on my old phones before...

Thanks

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not and don't normally use them. I got my phone Oct 20th and is holding up fine. I'd be careful using alcohol on the screen. I just use a cloth to wipe it down as needed.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone not using one? How has the screen held up so far?
What do you use to clean it with? I used alcohol wipes on my old phones before...

Thanks

I have one on order for the front (with low expectations). Went into a case right away to protect the back glass. I've been particularly careful with it, avoiding putting anything remotely hard in the same pocket with it, and have had no issues. I use a good quality microfiber cloth to clean it.

Do NOT use alcohol wipes on the phone - you will quickly strip down the oleophobic coating.

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have one on order for the front (with low expectations). Went into a case right away to protect the back glass. I've been particularly careful with it, avoiding putting anything remotely hard in the same pocket with it, and have had no issues. I use a good quality microfiber cloth to clean it.

Do NOT use alcohol wipes on the phone - you will quickly strip down the oleophobic coating.

Did not know that, I will not be using alcohol anymore.

The microfiber cloth works in removing the fingerprints?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Stopped using screen protectors few years back and super happy with it. Just can't give up the feel of the original glass feel. And with a case having raised lip, I haven't had any scratches on the screen for years. I also make sure I don't put my phone in the same pocket as keys. Phone gets a dedicated pocket.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Any particular brand/type you'd suggest.
I've always had some laying around the house that came included with some things that I've purchased and just use them.

I've never used screen protectors on any of my phones that has glass screens and I've never scratched any screens.

I have a front pocket dedicated for my phone.

Also when I do wipe the screen I make sure there isn't any debris. Things like sand and such can scratch the screen if you wipe it down and they are on there.

shaunps33

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I second that!!! Don't ever use Alcohol wipes, purell, etc...

No protection here.

My favorite thing about the latest smart phones is how thin the glass looks, like the colors are all right on top. I could care less about bezels. The S7 edge was terrible for me. I love to just grab ahold of that big old bottom bezel when I'm using this badass camera and go crazy. I'd hate to see it go, but I digress...

Do you think the Oleophobic coating on this phone is a step up from Nexus phones of yore? I was using an S7 edge for a couple weeks before this and I guess it's about the same as that, but it seems quite slippery compared to Nexus'. I like it. A lot.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I hate screen protectors. In my opinion, they never feel as smooth as the screen itself. Don't use one on my Pixel nor have I used one on my previous devices. No issues. I just wipe it off with my shirt or a microfiber cloth from time to time.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I use a microfiber cloth. Generally like the ones I use for my glasses. They work great and for my four eyed self they get dual use.
I have had my XL since 10/20, and I am not using a screen protector or a case. My phone still looks brand new. I take excellent care of my devices.

My philosophy has changed over the years. I don't sell my devices, and I have not had issues. I figure if something bad happens, I'll get a case or a skin to cover it.

Desertnate

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
No screen protector here, but then again I've never used one and never had an issues. I'm pretty easy on my phones.

I clean up the screen with a microfiber towel or a glass cleaning towel. The screen on my Pixel seem to clean up easier than any phone I've ever had...even when new.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Never.

Only phone that had an issue ever was my Moto G. Probably a cheaper screen and it was in a beach bag with keys, spray sunscreen, and other things to beat it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234