Apps Safe to Disable and/or Kill on Start-up?

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but is there a list of Note 3 pre-installed apps that are safe to disable and/or kill on start-up? I'm sure there are some things that have to run in order for the device to function properly, but there are probably others (like bloatware) where disabling them won't hurt anything and might even help save RAM or something. If anyone can post or point me to a list of which apps can safely be disabled, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a list but these apps are disabled and my phone runs fine with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1381785268386.jpg
    1381785268386.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 1381785278812.jpg
    1381785278812.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 116

purpil

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
everything looks good except don't disable Polaris office or my files those are both very important and useful. so everything else but those two

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have many of those disabled as well. Plus all the ATT crap they threw on this thing.

What does HP print service plugin do? I tried printing one time to a wifi HP printer and was unable to do so without downloading another app but all the print apps cost money it seems. So what does the HP print service actually do? In my experience it does not even allow printing to an HP printer.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
There is a benefit in both terms.

Root, and you can use Titanium Backup to freeze the apps. Back them up first, save a copy to sd card.

Or better yet, get rid of them all together. Lots of apps will let you delete them, so long as your rooted.

While I haven't (yet), you're probably safe turning off Samsung Apps. I believe a lot of folks have deleted a lot of the Sammy apps without any problems.

Of course, the standard disclaimer applies - YMMV, and do any of the above at your own risk.

androidjohn312

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Will turning off the Samsung apps, push services, and Samsung background process interfere with receiving the new 4.4 software update? I'm on at&t with a non-rooted note 3.

Also, the android market seems to have exactly the same apps as the Samsung appstore, is there a major difference between the two that I'm just not seeing?

Posted via Android Central App

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Turning off Samsung apps is fine. Not sure you'd want to turn off push / background swervices in general.

But you could turn off everything you want, and just pay attention to the Interweb, and when the updates roll out, turn things back on.

I don't see that Sammy added anything of value to their app store that Google doesn't already have, but others may and will chime in.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Turning off Samsung apps is fine. Not sure you'd want to turn off push / background swervices in general.

But you could turn off everything you want, and just pay attention to the Interweb, and when the updates roll out, turn things back on.

I don't see that Sammy added anything of value to their app store that Google doesn't already have, but others may and will chime in.

I noticed a few days ago in Samsung apps there is a new? category for 'Best S-Pen apps'. Nothing jumped out at me as being worthwhile but I didn't spend time. Could not see similar in Play.

I too would like to ditch all Samsung stuff. Though the Samsung Apps gives me updates to Polaris Office 5, which is only free here in full via Samsung, and Evernote (in Play too) plus all Samsung app updates; though only when I open Sam apps.

Posted via Android Central App

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Google apps for years and am continuing to do so with note 3. Too much redundancy with all but the S-pen Samsung apps

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Robert2014

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
When I check out those apps on application manager I only see the options Force stop, and Uninstall updates. How do I turn an app off?

Hmmm....that is the case for AllShare Cast Dongle S/W.. Others I can turn off I now see.

Still would love to uninstall the At&t "status bar" (if that is what it is called...?)

Last edited: