Are the cases delaying shipments?

kdskinner

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 16gb plus the case during the keynote. No indication from Google that mine is going to ship any time soon. No charge on my credit card, no email, no tracking number, no nothing. Hoping to hear something in the early part of next week, I am patient. A little anxious, but willing to wait to get the goodness into my hands. Besides, I still have my iPad 1 to keep me entertained until the Nexus 7 gets here.

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Same deal with me, I ordered on 06/28 with a case and no notice. My friend ordered close to the same time and got a case, and he called them today. They told him the case wasn't delaying shipment and it would be shipped within the next three business days.

What I extract from this is that they shipped orders with no accessories first because that was quicker and easier then matching tablets with accessories. Hopefully we'll start seeing our notices early next week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

blastrmaster

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on the 1st day (along with my brother) and he got a shipping confirmation yesterday. I ordered a case with mine. I am starting to think that ordering the case has caused a delay to my order.

av8rdude

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 16gig on 27th with case.....NOTTA!

Pretty clear that the cases are the delay! Bummer! Any reasonable company would break up the shipment into two parts. Stick the case in a USPS envelope!

Josefius

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I had to give my email to get a notice for when it's available, didn't give me an option to order it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I had to give my email to get a notice for when it's available, didn't give me an option to order it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We could order them for at least the first few days, they listed the same time frame as the N7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Order 16GB model and case on 7/29 and still no charge to credit card, email from Google or tracking number. It concerns me that that case went from shipping within the same window of time as the Nexus 7 to "Notify me when available". If the case is not ready for prime time yet Google should be shipping the tablet now and the case when available (at no extra charge) or give me an opportunity to cancel the case order.

Since Google is not a retail operation, I don't think they have a good order fulfillment operation in place. They need to look at how Amazon, Apple and other retailers deal with product launches. As a person who also uses Apple products (iPhone, iPad, Mac) my first experience with Google was a letdown.

That being said, I am still looking forward to receiving my tablet and learning what Android has to offer.

Last edited:

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me like they are processing them in batches. No accessories first.

To add to that, I haven't heard of anybody in Canada or Australia getting their order charged or receiving a tracking number. So I think those of us in Can or Aus might not see any shipments till Thursday or Friday at the earliest. More likely next week. And most stores in Canada are already selling if they have it in stock.

macewank

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I really hope that the cases aren't what's causing those of us who ordered early to not get our N7's. If it was going to come down to that, Google/ASUS should've eaten the additional shipping costs and shipped the case separate when it became available.

Alas, I'm in the same boat. Ordered 16GB + case at 1:45PM on the 27th (during the keynote) and no charges or tracking numbers.

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
OP reporting in here, just got charged this morning! And the Nexus 7 and case moved to the top of "My Orders" in Google Play.

07/16/2012 PENDING GOOGLE *DEVICES $ 303.61 PROCESSING

Hopefully the shipping notification comes soon! :D :D

ezzkmo

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know! Ordered my 16gb + case on the 27th and haven't heard anything. No CC, no tracking...nothing.

So it's good to know someone else who ordered one with a case at least got charged. There is hope I'll get it this week!

kdskinner

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 16gb Nexus 7 with a case during the keynote. I see that my status on those two devices changed this morning to show a date for today instead of the date of 6/27 it had been showing since I had ordered it. My credit card was also charged this morning. I assume that it was shipped this morning even though I haven't received a tracking number as of yet. Expect I will get the tracking number sometime today. Expect it to be delivered on probably Wednesday as I had two day shipping selected when I purchased.

So, it looks like Google is going to get it to me within the original shipping estimate of 2-3 weeks that they gave me when I bought my Nexus 7.

edgeless

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 16gb Nexus 7 with a case during the keynote. I see that my status on those two devices changed this morning to show a date for today instead of the date of 6/27 it had been showing since I had ordered it. My credit card was also charged this morning. I assume that it was shipped this morning even though I haven't received a tracking number as of yet. Expect I will get the tracking number sometime today. Expect it to be delivered on probably Wednesday as I had two day shipping selected when I purchased.

So, it looks like Google is going to get it to me within the original shipping estimate of 2-3 weeks that they gave me when I bought my Nexus 7.

Good for you. However, it looks like google won't be getting me with the original estimate thanks to me ordering a case. Would that be considered false advertising?
Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

atlbuc

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I picked one up from Sam's Club but I also pre-ordered the 16GB with the case on the 27th at around 1pm and they charged m card last night so I expect a shipping email today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder