Are you going to get the LG V20?

Are you going to get the LG V20?

• Total voters

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
For the first time in almost forever Apple has done enough with the iPhone 7 Plus to make that my second option if LG plays the waiting game too long.

Tread carefully, is all I can say.

I am stunned at how bad the iPhone is at what I think are some simple tasks. It's as if Apple has brainwashed hundreds of millions of people into thinking that they don't want or need to do those things.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Tread carefully, is all I can say.

I am stunned at how bad the iPhone is at what I think are some simple tasks. It's as if Apple has brainwashed hundreds of millions of people into thinking that they don't want or need to do those things.
Examples please as I'm curious.

clevelandcane

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a G3 and am experiencing the dreaded fade to black with my screen. I went looking at all the phones today and none of them seems to do everything my G3 does.

But....

I am super hesitant to buy another LG product and risk having the same thing happen. My daughter's G2 also experienced this problem.

Thoughts?

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I almost pulled the trigger on a Note 7 but it was the day they stopped selling it.
I have a V10 but want a faster phone. I won't go to a smaller screen size and my V10 has been very good to me.
So, V20 looks like my replacement.

Lateck,

imageGDI

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to wait till the Google pixel arrives on the scene and see what it's is like and price. If the V20 is available unlocked and doesn't have any bootloop problems it'll be on the top of my list.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Was going to wait for the G6 after the G5 didn't pique my interest, but this has definitely got my attention. Will have to play with one first though.

anon(8532178)

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Get the V20?

After using Windows phones for years and now getting into Android with the Nexus 5X and V10 should I get the successor of the V10? The second screen I thought wasn't going to be useful to me but I find it is to me haha. But anyway only thing I'm worried about the V20 is LG quality problems.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Almost certainly. I have the V10 and like it with the exception of battery life. I really love having a removable battery and while I really hope the better is better on the v20, I'd still opt for a phone with that feature then go to a phone that doesn't.

I do wish it were a little smaller, but not enough to try out the g5.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Get the V20?

Hi! The V20 is a very intriguing device - I'd love to own it! I too think the dual screens would be of use. As for quality, I'd just sit tight and wait when it is released to see if there are any "growing pains" that the phone gets. Once LG responds to and repairs these bugs and tweaks, then I'd say the phone is ripe for the picking. Also, watching unboxing and review videos on YouTube are always helpful in learning about things like UI, performance, battery life, initial (and then most channels do follow-up) impressions of the device, and one-on-one comparisons with other flagships.

Good luck making your choice!

Nick Menas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Looks like it. Would be nice for it to be available now. I have T Mobile. Hate that B&O won't be coming to America unless a carrier decides to offer. T Mobile supposed to have an offer with free battery, grip? and possible SD card.
Only shortcoming appears to be low resolution front facing camera and lack of waterproofing.
Was gonna get Note 7 but thought it was overpriced. LG needed to make the V20 (maybe the V30) with a cool stylus.
But it did keep all the second screen features, removable battery etc, and UI that I enjoy on my G4.
With all the Note 7 fanfare, V20 seems like the logical choice.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At this point I can say Yes I will. I returned the Note 7 due to the battery fiasco so ... V20 is looking extremely likely for me :).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm of the opinion that pretty much every smartphone has become less reliable over time, with manufacturers focused more on being the latest and greatest instead of reliability. To that end, I've decided to start buying extended warranties. Verizon's is only a few bucks a month and covers the phone as long as I have it. There's no set amount of time, so I'll not have to worry about one of these issues popping up outside of warranty and leaving me hanging.

So having what amounts to a lifetime warranty, I'm not too concerned about LG's quality controls right now. Sure, I may have a slightly higher chance of a fault, but they are the only ones with the features I want the most. It's an inconvenience I'll risk for that trade-off, and I have backup phones if needed.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about full coverage insurance that includes loss or damage from mistreatment. That does cost a fair bit more and not what I'm buying.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Honestly from early on impressions I think the only unknown issue about the V20 is will it be susceptible to the boot loop problem. The fit and finish as well as the premium feel from materials have all been resolved. The boot loop issue could take months before it even materializes but I'm going out on a limb and saying that the V20 is the phone of 2016 to get if you care about it's feature set.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm of the opinion that pretty much every smartphone has become less reliable over time, with manufacturers focused more on being the latest and greatest instead of reliability. To that end, I've decided to start buying extended warranties. Verizon's is only a few bucks a month and covers the phone as long as I have it. There's no set amount of time, so I'll not have to worry about one of these issues popping up outside of warranty and leaving me hanging.

So having what amounts to a lifetime warranty, I'm not too concerned about LG's quality controls right now. Sure, I may have a slightly higher chance of a fault, but they are the only ones with the features I want the most. It's an inconvenience I'll risk for that trade-off, and I have backup phones if needed.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about full coverage insurance that includes loss or damage from mistreatment. That does cost a fair bit more and not what I'm buying.

Grabbing an insurance policy like that is a really good idea! Good for you! :)

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Just look at the Note 7 forum to see how many cases of cracked screens. Probably due to the exposed curved edge

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If the V20 has better signal reception than my Note 7 and is available before replacements in the next two weeks, I will replace the Note 7 with the V20.

Sadly, I have little to no faith in LG being timely. Having a launch event with no date or pricing seems a waste of effort. Even Samsung has learned this. Just wish they learned better battery QC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45