Are you happy with the S24 Ultra?

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering now that the S24 Ultra has been out for a few months now If you are happy with it. I came from the S22 Ultra which I absolutely loved. I am uncertain on how I feel with the S24 Ultra. My reason for upgrading was strictly the camera. I wanted the best camera out there for my travels. I used to carry a big DSLR around, but found my S22 ultra had some very good results in the photo department. I figured it could only get better with the S24 Ultra. My feelings with the S24 Ultra so far is my picture quality is no better then my S22 Ultra. And from what I have seen in reviews the S23 Ultra still shines better then the S24 Ultra. The only thing I can say is it does have better battery usage then my old phone. Other than that it seems no better and even worse at times than my S22 Ultra. I am even thinking about jumping ship and going with the Iphone 15 Pro Max. The only thing holding me back is I did have an Iphone many years ago and it did not play well with a windows pc for sharing photos and other files. I am assuming apple has not changed on that either as they are so damn stubborn on trying to get people stuck to there ecosystem. With all this I feel disappointed in my purchase and wish I still had my S22 Ultra.
How do you all feel on your purchase or upgrade. Did Samsung deliver you what you expected, or do you feel cheated by promising you something better which is actually worse?
Let me know what you think.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I am wondering now that the S24 Ultra has been out for a few months now If you are happy with it. I came from the S22 Ultra which I absolutely loved. I am uncertain on how I feel with the S24 Ultra. My reason for upgrading was strictly the camera. I wanted the best camera out there for my travels. I used to carry a big DSLR around, but found my S22 ultra had some very good results in the photo department. I figured it could only get better with the S24 Ultra. My feelings with the S24 Ultra so far is my picture quality is no better then my S22 Ultra. And from what I have seen in reviews the S23 Ultra still shines better then the S24 Ultra. The only thing I can say is it does have better battery usage then my old phone. Other than that it seems no better and even worse at times than my S22 Ultra. I am even thinking about jumping ship and going with the Iphone 15 Pro Max. The only thing holding me back is I did have an Iphone many years ago and it did not play well with a windows pc for sharing photos and other files. I am assuming apple has not changed on that either as they are so damn stubborn on trying to get people stuck to there ecosystem. With all this I feel disappointed in my purchase and wish I still had my S22 Ultra.
How do you all feel on your purchase or upgrade. Did Samsung deliver you what you expected, or do you feel cheated by promising you something better which is actually worse?
Let me know what you think.
Yes.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
On the whole, I'm perfectly happy with my purchase. I came from the S22U (which was an awesome phone) but I still miss my S21U. I've never purchased a phone at launch, so I was prepared for a few hiccups and issues. I've not used the camera much, but when I have, the results have been excellent.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Bought the S24U shortly after launch and am very happy with it so far. Never cared about the AI features and don't really use them outside of "circle to search". I bought it for the size, the flat display, the cameras, the better connectivity than the Pixel 7 Pro that it replaced, the fact that it has WiFi calling on AT&T, and the more than acceptable cameras.

It's been an adjustment coming from a Pixel, and there are a few Pixel-exclusive software things I miss, but the S24U is easily the best phone I've ever had from a hardware and capabilities perspective, and Samsung has been great at supporting the device with updates so far.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not unhappy but I wouldn't say I'm happy either. This device has been buggy for me. For instance it wouldn't connect to my car's Bluetooth when I first got it. After the 3rd day I factory reset it and it began to work. It still seems to have connection issues with different things at different times. The other day I walked around all day without it connecting to my watch. Yesterday I sent a text first thing in the morning and got no texts or replies most of the day. I ran into someone I texted and mentioned they hadn't replied and they showed me two replies. I restarted the phone and had 6 messages. The other day I tried to make a call and it didn't go through. I hung up, checked my signal and tried again and it went through. If it was just Bluetooth, just data or just voice that would be one thing but this random weird stuff is annoying and worrisome. I don't want to factory reset it again, I'm not even sure it would have an effect. You mentioned the camera, one annoying thing over noticed with the camera is switching cameras. I take a lot of up close pics and it hasn't failed yet that just as I'm going to take the pic the phone decides to change the sensor it wants to use. Which of course changes focus, moves it in frame and makes me rethink my sanity.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm not unhappy but I wouldn't say I'm happy either. This device has been buggy for me. For instance it wouldn't connect to my car's Bluetooth when I first got it. After the 3rd day I factory reset it and it began to work. It still seems to have connection issues with different things at different times. The other day I walked around all day without it connecting to my watch. Yesterday I sent a text first thing in the morning and got no texts or replies most of the day. I ran into someone I texted and mentioned they hadn't replied and they showed me two replies. I restarted the phone and had 6 messages. The other day I tried to make a call and it didn't go through. I hung up, checked my signal and tried again and it went through. If it was just Bluetooth, just data or just voice that would be one thing but this random weird stuff is annoying and worrisome. I don't want to factory reset it again, I'm not even sure it would have an effect. You mentioned the camera, one annoying thing over noticed with the camera is switching cameras. I take a lot of up close pics and it hasn't failed yet that just as I'm going to take the pic the phone decides to change the sensor it wants to use. Which of course changes focus, moves it in frame and makes me rethink my sanity.
I am having some of the same problems. Bluetooth is buggy like staying connected to my watch, often times when I have galaxy bud 2 pro in the music skips. And I restart my phone manually twice a week, and several times now when it restarts it puts me on roaming. The only way to get my verizon service back is to restart again and then it connects. I don't have auto restart set up because in the past on other phones when it restarts in the middle of the night it won't set off my alarm.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So far I haven't had any issues with my galaxy buds. I have some old old-school Gen 1s and some new buds FE and as I was mentioning my other connection issues I was thinking I haven't had any issues with them. When I struggled to connect to my car, when I could get it to connect it sounded like a lint covered record. Super scratchy and poppy which I thought was weird because the ear buds didn't sound like this. I scheduled an auto restart but I have yet to see it happen automatically. I haven't had an auto restart work since my S10 and I've owned everything from then to now.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It's interesting how our experiences differ...

I came from a s22Ultra which had issues.

• I experienced problems with my signal...running all over the house trying to send a text message.
• The screen would become non responsive. I'd be poking it like I was playing Whack A Mole.
• s22U had great battery life for me, 4 days up until I got my Watch 6 Classic last August, then it was down to 2 to 2½ days.

With the s24U, I have not had the signal issues & the screen actually responds when I touch it. Yay!

My Bluetooth connections for my car, watch & ear buds have been stable.

I enjoy the flatter screen. There's not mounds of dust collecting on the edges of the screen with this flatter display.

I won't be able to judge the camera until camping season begins. That's when I take the most pictures.

The only loss is the battery is not lasting as long as the s22U. Can't have it all I guess.

So at this point I'm satisfied.
🙂

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm truly sorry you are having these issues with your device. It sure takes the joy out of a new purchase.
😔

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting how our experiences differ...

I came from a s22Ultra which had issues.

• I experienced problems with my signal...running all over the house trying to send a text message.
• The screen would become non responsive. I'd be poking it like I was playing Whack A Mole.
• s22U had great battery life for me, 4 days up until I got my Watch 6 Classic last August, then it was down to 2 to 2½ days.

With the s24U, I have not had the signal issues & the screen actually responds when I touch it. Yay!

My Bluetooth connections for my car, watch & ear buds have been stable.

I enjoy the flatter screen. There's not mounds of dust collecting on the edges of the screen with this flatter display.

I won't be able to judge the camera until camping season begins. That's when I take the most pictures.

The only loss is the battery is not lasting as long as the s22U. Can't have it all I guess.

So at this point I'm satisfied.
That's interesting because I'm getting around 2 hours more screen on time with the S24 Ultra than I did with the S22 Ultra when it was brand new.

I'm happy with my S24 Ultra, and haven't experienced any problems with it.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting because I'm getting around 2 hours more screen on time with the S24 Ultra than I did with the S22 Ultra when it was brand new.
Well that's good to hear! 👍

I haven't been able to narrow down my issue yet. I have found that my xfinity app never really closes after I shut it down, so I have to go to settings & force stop it. I also have a two other apps that I have to force stop after using.

I do get really good screen on time. Maybe I've just been using it more than I did my s22U.
😄

Reactions: Laura Knotek

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Well that's good to hear! 👍

I haven't been able to narrow down my issue yet. I have found that my xfinity app never really closes after I shut it down, so I have to go to settings & force stop it. I also have a two other apps that I have to force stop after using.

I do get really good screen on time. Maybe I've just been using it more than I did my s22U.
😄
No problems here on mine or with my xfinity app. Anytime I have a buggy app I always try uninstall and then reinstall. Seems to help me quite a bit.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I loved the phone. Flat display, Perfect saturation (after firmware fix), Fast.

I'm in the minority but I do use zoom a lot and why I returned mine. The 5x even with the MP count was inferior for distance shots beyond 5x, simply can't compete with the 10x from previous years.

Needless to say that was a shame and was bummed I had to return it.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I loved the phone. Flat display, Perfect saturation (after firmware fix), Fast.

I'm in the minority but I do use zoom a lot and why I returned mine. The 5x even with the MP count was inferior for distance shots beyond 5x, simply can't compete with the 10x from previous years.

Needless to say that was a shame and was bummed I had to return it.
It's too bad they changed the zoom on the s24 series. I guess Samsung didn't believe it would be a big deal. Hopefully, they'll improve it on the s25 series.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
No problems here on mine or with my xfinity app. Anytime I have a buggy app I always try uninstall and then reinstall. Seems to help me quite a bit.
Thanks, I may have to try that again.

I've never had a problem with it on past devices. I'm not sure why, but when it pops up to authenticate my logins, it doesn't seem to completely shut down after I clear it. Last time, it managed to suck down 14% of my battery. I had it open for probably 15 seconds, but obviously, it didn't shut down properly & ran amuck. I had checked the battery stats about 4 hours later after & that's when I discovered the hit on the battery. And odder yet, to me, background usage said only 5 seconds.

I performed the basic force stop, clear cache, clear data, reboot troubleshooting steps, but no love as they say.
🙂

Reactions: jtfwTX

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
It's too bad they changed the zoom on the s24 series. I guess Samsung didn't believe it would be a big deal. Hopefully, they'll improve it on the s25 series.
I hope so, I really wanted and liked that flat-screen. The S24 U cameras aren't terrible, just not good for my use case. Fingers crossed for the S25 or S26, i get it.... Only for the S27 to announce (I'm kidding of course) that something cool like removable batteries and SD cards are coming back.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I hope so, I really wanted and liked that flat-screen. The S24 U cameras aren't terrible, just not good for my use case. Fingers crossed for the S25 or S26, i get it.... Only for the S27 to announce (I'm kidding of course) that something cool like removable batteries and SD cards are coming back.
🤣 Isn't that what happens alot.
If I had only waited a bit longer...

Reactions: SyCoREAPER

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201