But because of many people samsung got the vivid slider
Newaz always good to have options

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Well that's good to hear!

I haven't been able to narrow down my issue yet. I have found that my xfinity app never really closes after I shut it down, so I have to go to settings & force stop it. I also have a two other apps that I have to force stop after using.

I do get really good screen on time. Maybe I've just been using it more than I did my s22U.
Is this the Xfinity account app or the Xfinity Streaming app?

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
One thing u guys should mention is
Your phone factory unlocked
Or carrier version
Mine is factory unlocked with zero issues
I also loved the natural screen
But because of many people samsung got the vivid slider
Newaz always good to have options
Mine is factory unlocked direct from Samsung.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Tempered Glass, it's a PITA using the FPS. Other than that, I'm good.

It's sad because nothing excites me anymore, if the iPhone 16 Pro Max came out tomorrow I would sell my S24U lol

This is why I 3 dailies. I get bored.

I have this problem. I get bored and have to do something different. I bounce between the iPhone 14 Pro max, fold 5, and S24U.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Is this the Xfinity account app or the Xfinity Streaming app?
Hi Laura! Thanks for asking! 😄

It is the Xfinity account app. If I need to login to my account on a PC, a prompt will pop up from the app asking for approval of the login. I allow the login, close the app, and check recent apps to make sure it's not running. If I do not also force stop it, later I find that it's used a lot of battery (I've disabled background data.)

The app updated 2 weeks ago. I probably should check if it's behavior has changed.
🙂

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

It's sad because nothing excites me anymore, if the iPhone 16 Pro Max came out tomorrow I would sell my S24U lol

I registered the same finger on fingerprint slot one and two. That really helped the reliability of the FPS through my tempered glass protector.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Mine is carrier version (Verizon). I was thinking of trying an unlocked version but I am a little nervous on trying one. I have never had an unlocked version before. Maybe the next one.
I was too. My last four phones were locked (S8+, Note 8, Note 10+, and S22 Ultra). But after seeing how well my daughter's unlocked S22 worked on Verizon, I decided to get the unlocked S24 Ultra. I can't use the My Verizon and Call Filter app. I didn't use them that much, so I haven't missed them that much.

My biggest concern was updates. Verizon was really good about pushing updates quickly, but so far the Samsung has stepped up its game. I got the latest update just a few days after Verizon pushed it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering now that the S24 Ultra has been out for a few months now If you are happy with it. I came from the S22 Ultra which I absolutely loved. I am uncertain on how I feel with the S24 Ultra. My reason for upgrading was strictly the camera. I wanted the best camera out there for my travels. I used to carry a big DSLR around, but found my S22 ultra had some very good results in the photo department. I figured it could only get better with the S24 Ultra. My feelings with the S24 Ultra so far is my picture quality is no better then my S22 Ultra. And from what I have seen in reviews the S23 Ultra still shines better then the S24 Ultra. The only thing I can say is it does have better battery usage then my old phone. Other than that it seems no better and even worse at times than my S22 Ultra. I am even thinking about jumping ship and going with the Iphone 15 Pro Max. The only thing holding me back is I did have an Iphone many years ago and it did not play well with a windows pc for sharing photos and other files. I am assuming apple has not changed on that either as they are so damn stubborn on trying to get people stuck to there ecosystem. With all this I feel disappointed in my purchase and wish I still had my S22 Ultra.
How do you all feel on your purchase or upgrade. Did Samsung deliver you what you expected, or do you feel cheated by promising you something better which is actually worse?
Let me know what you think.
Overall, I like it.

But coming from the Note 20 Ultra, I feel your pain. If this GS24 Ultra was a $1000 phone instead of $1300, I probably wouldn't feel that bad... maybe?

To start, Samsung didn't have a TARDIS blue or at least a white one, had to get the "gray" one, that actually looks a bit golden, compared to my son's natural titanium iPhone 15 pro.

Camera, yes, it's a bit better, battery is also better.
But it's thicker, still has the S-Pen on the wrong side, etc...

The only really great thing about it is the 512 GB.
I'm okay with it, but it definitely didn't wow me, that's for sure!

Sent From the TARDIS

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering now that the S24 Ultra has been out for a few months now If you are happy with it. I came from the S22 Ultra which I absolutely loved. I am uncertain on how I feel with the S24 Ultra. My reason for upgrading was strictly the camera. I wanted the best camera out there for my travels. I used to carry a big DSLR around, but found my S22 ultra had some very good results in the photo department. I figured it could only get better with the S24 Ultra. My feelings with the S24 Ultra so far is my picture quality is no better then my S22 Ultra. And from what I have seen in reviews the S23 Ultra still shines better then the S24 Ultra. The only thing I can say is it does have better battery usage then my old phone. Other than that it seems no better and even worse at times than my S22 Ultra. I am even thinking about jumping ship and going with the Iphone 15 Pro Max. The only thing holding me back is I did have an Iphone many years ago and it did not play well with a windows pc for sharing photos and other files. I am assuming apple has not changed on that either as they are so damn stubborn on trying to get people stuck to there ecosystem. With all this I feel disappointed in my purchase and wish I still had my S22 Ultra.
How do you all feel on your purchase or upgrade. Did Samsung deliver you what you expected, or do you feel cheated by promising you something better which is actually worse?
Let me know what you think.
The iPhone camera isn't even close to the s24U. Look at a pixel 8 pro.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

I too had tempered glass
But the the whole Anti Reflective coating is useless if u have normal tempered glass
No I took samsung care plus, and removed my tempered glass
Must tell u this display and superb
As samsung claimed , this screen is really scratch resistant, using since launch, ( I had tempered glass for only 4 days )
I have zero scratches
I was using my S23 ultra also naked , that screen had 1, 2 slightly deep and many fines scratches
BUT S24 ultra Rocks

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site

This is why I 3 dailies. I get bored
I haven't bothered with a screen protector for several years now. The glass on the S24 Ultra is scratch resident up to 7 Mohs. Now-a-days, most screen protectors are nothing more than placebos. I doubt any of them are actually stronger than the glass on the S24.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I too had tempered glass
But the the whole Anti Reflective coating is useless if u have normal tempered glass
No I took samsung care plus, and removed my tempered glass
Must tell u this display and superb
As samsung claimed , this screen is really scratch resistant, using since launch, ( I had tempered glass for only 4 days )
I have zero scratches
I was using my S23 ultra also naked , that screen had 1, 2 slightly deep and many fines scratches
BUT S24 ultra Rocks
I've done the same as you. I use a case (usually a clear case) but don't use a screen protector.

I had a screen protector on my S22 Ultra for about a month when I got it upon release. The screen protector came off, and I never put another one on. There were no scratches on the screen when I traded in the S22 Ultra upon receipt of the S24 Ultra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201