AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

dmxinc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking it! The first day was a little clunky, but I am getting used to it. And, I'm that "Apple" guy....was that guy. Had the 1st gen, 3g, 4s,and LG Optimus G, which I promptly returned.
Learning curve, not too much. Screen and graphics are excellent. Customizing is excellent. I need to get a Flip Case with the NFC charging chip next.
I have had only two major bugs:
1. Can't seem to download my phonebook to my 2012 Ford Escape.
2. The WIFI won't stay on.....? sign in, and two minutes later, it is unavailable? I' m sure someone can help figure it out.

But the final words.....I love it. Big or not, does everything, and does it quickly.

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's used by the native OS system and the bloatware. This holds true for any device. Any phone or tablet or wte, is going to say 8,6,32, but part of that is always taken up by wte the OEM and the distributor put on there

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Am really loving this device. I get great LTE signals here and my battery life is outstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking it! The first day was a little clunky, but I am getting used to it. And, I'm that "Apple" guy....was that guy. Had the 1st gen, 3g, 4s,and LG Optimus G, which I promptly returned.
Learning curve, not too much. Screen and graphics are excellent. Customizing is excellent. I need to get a Flip Case with the NFC charging chip next.
I have had only two major bugs:
1. Can't seem to download my phonebook to my 2012 Ford Escape.
2. The WIFI won't stay on.....? sign in, and two minutes later, it is unavailable? I' m sure someone can help figure it out.

But the final words.....I love it. Big or not, does everything, and does it quickly.

As far as 2. goes, try this
Menu-> settings-> application manager. Find AT&T smart wifi and select disable.

That seems to work for others who are having that problem.

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Did yall knownyou can hover your s pen to the bottom of the page and it will scroll down? No contact needed, I like thos thing a little to o much! !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG NOTE 2 using Android Central Forums

danny s1

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the jaybird freedom and I love them. Music quality is excellent. 6-7 hour continuous use. Call quality is ok good 25 ft range. I leave mine onmy desk at work aand walk around the shop. Very comfortable.

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok that sucks about the headphones but I was playing on buying some Bluetooth ones any suggestions on good heaphones

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

I have LG's HBS700's and they work great. All functions ie ff, play, rewind, pause work just fine. They sound pretty good as well and have a superior battery life compared to others in the market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

Can anyone tell me if the at&t model has a led notification light? Thank you :):)

Yes, red LED while charging.
Green when done charging and blue when you have missed calls or texts, emails, etc(only if screen is off)

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone tell me if the at&t model has a led notification light? Thank you :):)

Yes, red LED while charging.
Green when done charging and blue when you have missed calls or texts, emails, etc(only if screen is off)

Thingsgoboom

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

This phone is AWESOME. For those of you hesitant because of the size, don't be. Let me say that my hands are not big. At first when I used it at the store, I thought that it was a bit huge. Then when I brought it home, I started playing with it and I started to get used to it. You will get so used to the phone's size in just a couple of hours that the size will not even matter anymore. Specs wise... the phone is obviously a BEAST so I'm just giving some words of encouragement for those who are afraid to jump to a bigger sized phone. When I look at other peoples phone (SG3 etc.) it seems sooooo small.

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm with the disappointed headphone Crowd...give us the real box and headphones AT&T! Very sad. 1 Week in and I am loving this phone. My thoughts:

screen is good, but I do miss the HOX Screen- especially outside and for brightness

Battery life is awesome and it charges so fast it is almost unbelievable to me

S-pen is getting way More use than I ever expected - I am writing this with S-pen and do almost all messaging with it. The handwriting recognition is very good

Size has become a non-issue for me. on day 2 I woke up and - thought,''this is absurdly large-g need to take it back and get an HOX+" But I stuck with it and now it already seems normal. I look at my vibes 4S and literally hold it right up to my face because it seems so small.

I've Sold about 5 people on the phone-just by showing it to them. One is even a die hard Apple person, a graphic artist who uses Macs at work and home and has not looked beyond iphone since it came out.

Overall I LOVE IT and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new phone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums