Attach pictures to text messages

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So for text messages, I like to use the SMS Rage Face app to attach pictures. So when I first got the phone I was able to hit the attach button, and that app would show up right there to be able to choose which ever picture I wanted. I had to get a replacement phone for certain reasons, and now the app isn't there to choose from (my only choices are gallery, camera, maps, whatever else is default). If I want to send it, I have to manually go into the app, choose a picture then hit share via text, a little bit a hassle. Is there a way I can set what apps I can have as a selection when I hit attach?

I'm using the stock samsung messaging app, but I have downloaded other sms apps, and it's same problem.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So for text messages, I like to use the SMS Rage Face app to attach pictures. So when I first got the phone I was able to hit the attach button, and that app would show up right there to be able to choose which ever picture I wanted. I had to get a replacement phone for certain reasons, and now the app isn't there to choose from (my only choices are gallery, camera, maps, whatever else is default). If I want to send it, I have to manually go into the app, choose a picture then hit share via text, a little bit a hassle. Is there a way I can set what apps I can have as a selection when I hit attach?

I'm using the stock samsung messaging app, but I have downloaded other sms apps, and it's same problem.

You may need to go into the messaging app and clear the defaults, then repeat. The other thought and I suspect you noticed but I have done this before. You can scroll up an down slightly. I would make sure it is not at the bottom hidden.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The image apps are nested under "image". I use bitmoji and it was on the attach screen on my note 4 but not on my gs6+. If you hit attach then choose image a new list of app choices comes up including bitmoji and others.

Posted via the Android Central App

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The image apps are nested under "image". I use bitmoji and it was on the attach screen on my note 4 but not on my gs6+. If you hit attach then choose image a new list of app choices comes up including bitmoji and others.

That's how it was for my Note 3, but now, when I do that, my camera gallery comes up

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Likely then the gallery has set itself as default. U can clear the app data as mentioned previously or go to settings/device/applications/default applications/ then choose "clear" next to gallery. But if that doesnt resolve it, the messages app might need a data clear. Hope this helps :/

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Likely then the gallery has set itself as default. U can clear the app data as mentioned previously or go to settings/device/applications/default applications/ then choose "clear" next to gallery. But if that doesnt resolve it, the messages app might need a data clear. Hope this helps :/

That worked! Didn't think about the gallery being set to default, I did just about everything else, thanks!!

edit: is there a way to not automatically set defaults? Now when I used the app to attach, that became the default, and I have to clear that to be able to choose again

edit 2: Nevermind, I see it was a function that was taken out, very stupid, this would have been a deal breaker for me had I known

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah touch wiz has always done annoying stuff with the default app for things. Seems like they can never get it right. Glad that worked!

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah touch wiz has always done annoying stuff with the default app for things. Seems like they can never get it right. Glad that worked!

do you know if it's a touchwhiz issue or just a Samsung..meaning if I used like nova launcher for example, would that make a difference?

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The problem is the stock messaging app and touch Wiz. Some people use an app called "better open with." But that needs improvement imo. another option is to used one of the other 200 apps for messaging. Google messages, hangouts, we chat, textra are all examples that do what your op requests.

Lucky Fortune

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I was able to attach pictures, by going to Settings/Applications/Gallery/Sync via WiFi only. Under Sync via WiFi only I unchecked it and it allowed me to attache pictures to my text messages. Please consider your data plan, do not follow this steps if data plan is limited to you. Sorry if I couldn't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo